Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen Issues

charlierwalker

Hello Guys

I have a 2011 Ford Focus Titanium MK3 and I am having repeated problems with my Quick Clear Windscreen.

I bought the car in September 2014, and shortly after collecting it, I discovered a fault so I got the garage to fix it under warranty and they replaced the screen. 11 months later, a similar fault developed so I contacted the company who fitted it, and they then came and replaced the windscreen again for me.

It has now been 9 or 10 months and my heated windscreen has started doing this.

I am starting to wonder, there is either 1 of 2 things happening here.

1. They are using cheap quality windscreens.

2. I have an electrical problem that is re-occuring.

From the pictures, what do you guys think?

20161002_064112.jpg

20161002_064115.jpg

I'd say cheap screen.

An electrical problem would prevent it working at all.

Its just two electrical feeds one for each half of the screen (left and right)

Make a complaint and demand a Ford or Pilkington screen. Same thing happened with the heated screen on my dad's old Freelander, a Pilkington (same as genuine LR screen) solved the problem. 

That's the route I'll take ifmine needs replacing!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, charlierwalker said:

Hello Guys

I have a 2011 Ford Focus Titanium MK3 and I am having repeated problems with my Quick Clear Windscreen.

I bought the car in September 2014, and shortly after collecting it, I discovered a fault so I got the garage to fix it under warranty and they replaced the screen. 11 months later, a similar fault developed so I contacted the company who fitted it, and they then came and replaced the windscreen again for me.

It has now been 9 or 10 months and my heated windscreen has started doing this.

I am starting to wonder, there is either 1 of 2 things happening here.

1. They are using cheap quality windscreens.

2. I have an electrical problem that is re-occuring.

From the pictures, what do you guys think?

20161002_064112.jpg

20161002_064115.jpg

Who's the windscreen manufacturer? The name is on the bottom left as viewed from outside the car

There is possibly a problem with the wind screen wiper actuating arms rubbing on the foil strips at the bottom corners of the wind screen.

Look to see if this the possible cause. You will have to remove the scuttle shield to see.

Switch on wipers and watch to see if the actuator arms are rubbing the 2 foils attacked at the bottom corners of the windscreen. If they are being caught try pushing the strips gentle so there is clearance.

However, the damage has been done. so follow chrisrobertsons advice above

ha ha, they are separate motors and only the spindle that the wipers attatch to moves.

Already mentioned above but looks like it's a crap screen.

• 4 years later...

Hi, just got a tourneo the size n heated windscreen were the selling point, joke really as I only de ice 3,4 times a year.... Its giving me aura migraines I hate it..... Any ideas I can't change the screen, I clean it.... Anyone else get this problem, please 

I'm preying for a answer as it brings on panic n dam anxiety when my eyes start going wierd, like a kaleidoscope, 😳😊help

I have to join in with everyone else - its a poor quality screen and probably poorly fitted.

My screen was cracked but screen heater worked .

Had new  screen fitted worked twice then failed. 

Cheap screen ?

42 minutes ago, Ian Lockley said:

My screen was cracked but screen heater worked .

Had new  screen fitted worked twice then failed. 

Cheap screen ?

30 years ago when I had my 1st 'heated screen', there were no copies, you always got the real thing. However, these days with the enormous increased competition for car insurance, with some not even requesting an 'excess' for windscreen replacement, it's all worked down to a price. For many drivers, it'll 'do', though for the more fussy amongst us, cheap copies are the same as a pirate VHS (if you're old enough LOL). Before (!) you get one fitted, insist it is the same brand that got broken in the first place - as well as heating elements, it's usually the first point of contact for your head in an accident...

• Like 1

Well said Stephen, cheap windscreen = crap use. Do you want to buy some Betamax Tapes ? 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club