Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise from front drivers side? 2010 fiesta 1.6 tdci

Linnyloo

Hi there,

I have had a knocking noise coming from the front drivers side when I go over certain 'harder' speed bumps, going over bumpy uneven road or turning sharp to the left (mostly if road is uneven). This has been happening since I've had the car for 2 years, but has got worse since going over a nice new speed bump in the road with no markings about 1-2 months ago 🙄 And now my steering wheel turns ever so slightly to the left. I took the car to the garage this morning and they said they couldn't find anything that could be causing the noise....unless they was to do a road test, which they seemed reluctant to offer to do! They said suspension etc looks fine and I mentioned bush/mounts but he just said 'couldn't find anything'. Think I'll take somewhere else to look but just wondering if anyone has any ideas?!

thanks 😊

By sounds of it, it is likely to be to top mount on the shock absorber. It will only knock when under load so wont be able to identify with the car off the ground.

Ok thanks, I'm having someone else have a look at it Friday hopefully they can sort it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club