Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drum paint

AlexBartlam

Hi all can someone confirm or point me in the right direction if this is the right hammerite paint that i can use on drums, oviously im going to remove rust and dirt and cover car just was to know if this will be alright to do the job

IMG_2581.PNG

High temperature paint is what you need. It'll last longer that the hammerite 

I agree. While drums don't get as hot as the front calipers, they can get hotter than standard spray paint is rated to. Best to be on the safe side and not potentially cause a brake fire. High temp paint is a bit more expensive but can also be used on our car's silly shiny standard back box, and other non-high temp applications. 

Used Hammerite on my calipers and drums for years without issue. Although always used the pot of paint not the spray.

• Like 1

I've always used Hammerite on calipers and drums no issue, both brush and spray.

Used poundland rubbish on the Focus drums and it's still the same 2 years later...its not like the drums dissipate any heat anyway... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

not to worry its only £7 for the amazon spray better safe than sorry 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club