Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Needing Changed Warning

Yowsah

I have done 15750 miles in my Mondeo since new. The first service is due (I am told) at either 18500 miles or 24 months which is up next March. I don't think I will have done 18500 miles before next March so it looks like my first service will be then. However, every time I start up a warning comes on my dash that the engine oil needs changing soon. I switch it off immediately but it can reappear during a journey. The dealer says this is normal. However, this is going to do my nut in if for the next six months I have to keep cancelling this warning. Has anyone else had this happening to them?

If you have done a lot of short journeys then the change oil warning comes on, on the odd occasion it's happened to me I've changed the oil

Is it ok for me to change the oil and still keep my warranty intact?

What initiates the warning light to come on? Is it mileage or condition of the oil?

can be time, mileage, or algorythm of driving style, thats what im led to believe, either get the garage to do the oil and filter , or wait until 24 months. it could be a software issue putting light on before it needs it.

you can reset it so it doesnt come back on.

I'd change the oil and filter now and it won't affect your warranty.

Thanks for the replies. They have been very helpful.

you can reset the oil life in the vehicle settings in cluster, i would check to see what life% percentage is showing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club