Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window problem mk7.5

ScottlGH

Anyone else experiencing this on their windows or know how to fix it?57f7b81a132b0_ImageUploadedByFordOC1475857f7b82ada4c3_ImageUploadedByFordOC14758

Problem? It looks like you've damaged/scrapped the trim on it.

Its just happened over the course of a few weeks, its on both doors but the drivers side; which is the more effected area has started to split.

It has but I didn't think they would have caused this as they go inside the window frame?😕

I tried to put it back under the seal but its like a plastic material and wouldn't stay, also I didn't want cause it to split it more.

Not sure whether to heat it up and try shape it back in?

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to let you know that FMC will usually cover the cost of replacing trim items as a good will gesture if the item is just outside of warranty, but will also usually assist with any repairs if your vehicle is below 45 mths, your local dealer will usually do this for you without you having to contact FMC. It is based on loyalty so if you use your dealer for sales and service then there is no reason why they should not cover the full cost of this for you. However if you do not get a satisfactory result from the dealer you can contact Ford customer relationship center on 0845 841 1111 they will contact the dealer to discuss this with them on your behalf and try to get this sorted for you.