Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 ford focus stereo lights not working

mikeyd1

Hi guys is this normal my sync 2 buttons underneath screen dont light up at night. Thanks

Hi, they should definitely light up. If I remember correctly this is a known software problem.

7 minutes ago, granville_focus said:

Hi, they should definitely light up. If I remember correctly this is a known software problem.

Ok thanks for reply, i  just been out there again this time its working. Do u know if its just a software update?? Thanks

Yes just a software update

A workarround to temporarily fix this problem is to insert/eject a CD. This should make the radio buttons light up again.  

• Like 2

What should i do bring it in to ford its only jusy had a service or should i wait untill next year service if its only a software update??

Up to you really, will be done under warranty, only a 30min job, they should do it while you wait as long as you book it in in advance.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, iantt said:

Up to you really, will be done under warranty, only a 30min job, they should do it while you wait as long as you book it in in advance.

Ok ill do that thanks iantt

Think its to do with the sync software .

There are instructions on the this site if you want to do it yourself you just need a USB stick and download the software

• Like 1

The SYNC update does not solve this problem. The SYNC update only affects the SYNC (APIM) module. This problem is caused by the ACM (Audio Control module).

• Like 2

Im going to pop in local fords in half hour. It would be nice if they do it there and then but i doubt it. Ill keep yous updated

• 2 weeks later...

So been in fords and they updated sync and bluetooth control unit or something. Seems to have sorted it. 👍

• 1 year later...

Hi, I've had this issue in my 2015 Focus ST and it' been to ford 3 times and each time they keep saying they can't find any issues. They have done master reset and software update for sync and keep saying nothing is wrong.  Not sure what to do as a car this new should be able to leave a CD in it without ***** up.. has yours had issues since? Mine started about 6 months ago 

Hi Kate B

I am having exactly the same problem with my 2015 Focus Zetec S. If I put a CD in for the first time it works fine and the radio buttons light up. If I switch to bluetooth audio or radio again it works fine. If I then leave the car for a period of time and get back in it I get the reading disc box the same as miked's picture and the radio lights underneath don't work. In order to get rid of the box I have to eject the CD or click on the CD button on the touch screen or source button until it cycles through to CD then the lights come back on. In my opinion this should not happen and you shouldn't have to eject a CD overtime you get in the car to get the lights to come on and the reading disc box to disappear.

Took my car to Ford dealer today who ran a full diagnostics on the car which showed no fault. They then checked software was fully up to date which it is. They then did a full factory reset on it as well. They said no problems so took it away and got home to find still having the same problems. Aaarrggghhhh.

Has your issue been resolved ? If so what was the actual problem and what do you need to do to get it fixed? Was it covered under warranty as my warranty will run out in a few months.

If they are telling you software is up to date they could be fobbing you off. I've had a many number of updates applied to my system in the last 12 months trying to fix a sound issue with my car, and another one is due soon.

This issue is fixed with a software update.

• 2 years later...

I posted a similar query to this the other day and just happened to see this post today. Did anyone manage to get anything sorted with this? How did you get the issue resolved? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi where can I get this update from my self. I’ve been on to ford and got fobed off all the time. Going to try a diy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club