Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford are officially useless!!

benholden2008

hi all,

took delivery of my titanium 1.6tdci a few weeks ago now and am loving the car! much better than my old mk6.5. Got the car for just under £13000 with alot of the extras, (bluetooth, folding mirrors, voice control etc) which i thought was a good deal seen asthough the price has just gone up another £1000!

anyway... at the 1500 mile courtesy check i was told that i would need to come back in as they was a re-call out on the 5 doors (something to do with stone chips, a common thing apparently) anyway they rang me up about 2 days later saying that the parts where in and they could book me in for the 24th november. As i need the car to get to work i asked for a courtesy car and was shocked that they is a charge of £12!, which to be honest is appaling seen asthough i've just spent nearly £13000 on the car itself and not had it 2 weeks and already its had to go back. i refused to pay the amount and asked to speak to the service manager who explained that it was 'company policy' and that no matter what i said he couldn't offer me it for free so i agreed to pay the £12. So as pi**ed off as i was i took the morning off work (unpaid) and drove down to the ford garage where i was then told that you needed to be over 21 to get on there insurance for the courtesy car, and as i am only 19, guess what? they wouldn't give me the car. At this point i was already fuming and felt betrayed so left the garange in a huff, lol.

The garage was Jennings ford middlesbrough, you have been named and shamed!

obviously this was just a case of 'lack of communication' but i am now half a days work out of pocket and left with a car that is proberbly going to have paint problems sooner or later.

rant over........ has anyone else had any problems with fords Sh*tty aftersales service?

Also i was talking to a man on the way out of the garage who had took his wifes fiesta in to get the same thing done and was appauled with the bodge it job that had done with the re-call, apparently they just stick abit of clear plastic over the door sill! Come on ford! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

More a case of Jennings Ford dealership are officially useless, rather than Ford in general as your title suggests ;)

Sorry you had those issues, insurance is a funny thing and most dealers for years have not had insurance cover for courtesy cars, instead relying on customers' own insurance policies, which isn't exactly a free ride either in some cases as certain insurance companies charge for courtesy car cover. Obviously your age exacerbates this problem, and that should have been made clear when you booked it in. I can only hope that a business the size of Jennings would learn from their mistake and instruct staff to ensure that customers are eligible to drive their courtesy cars and aware of any charges before booking them in, as it's often too late by the time you arrive.

Hi! Their policies sound terrible! I had to take my Fiesta back a week or so after I had it because there was some slight damage to the front and back drivers side alloys which they hadnt noticed (that was caused during transport).

I am 19 also and had no problems with getting a courtesy car, no charge (not that you should expect one anyway!) and drove away in a MK6 Fiesta for the day! The dealer was Evans Halshaw.

Hi! Their policies sound terrible! I had to take my Fiesta back a week or so after I had it because there was some slight damage to the front and back drivers side alloys which they hadnt noticed (that was caused during transport).

I am 19 also and had no problems with getting a courtesy car, no charge (not that you should expect one anyway!) and drove away in a MK6 Fiesta for the day! The dealer was Evans Halshaw.

My dealer was evans halshaw aswell, a month or two after i had my car reverse gear was awful, just wouldnt go in without the whole car shuddering disgustingly, they offered me an mk6 fiesta aswell but wanted 34 pound off me, i refused and took the bus ! apart from the 34 pound the service i thought was great :rolleyes:

yep its shocking what they are doing about this paint problem, hopefully it wont start to flake off but i will be straight back if it does.

i certainly wont be going back there, i will try another ford garage as jennings is full of idiots who to be honest don't really seem to know what there doing.

what got me is that when i bought the car i got 7 days free insurance which covered me, so why not on the courtesy car?

After sales service is pretty bad yes. I had to go through lawyers letters to get anywhere with them!

As to the insurance policy, my car was in on 2 occasions,

The first time they gave me a car no problem but stated that due to my age (19) my excess would be £950!!! I soon told them I would do without the car.

On the second occasion I was then told they could not offer me a courtesy car unless I insured it myself, which brought me to the question of why it was no problem before. But in the end had to settle on insuring the car myself for 1 week at a cost of about £23

You are not alone with the appalling aftersales service from Ford. I am 19 as well, the last time my car was in the garage they told me i could not get a courtesy car for "insurance reasons." I argued that I should get a courtesy car since the courtesy car which they were giving me (a 1.2 Ka) was far cheaper to insure than my own. I phoned my insurance who said that there was no problem so I got the courtesy car.

I had a meeting with the service manager today as I have a problem with my gearbox as 2nd gear sometimes pops out. After explaining this to the service manager, he responded "..but we cant just strip down a gearbox." Why not, they are a garage!

You should definetely not be charged for a courtesy car if it is a warranty repair/recall. Phone your insurance company and check if your covered, it should not be the garage that decides!

I used to work for Arnold Clark Peugeot and all the 207s and 308s were called back. At the time the 308 were pretty much just out a few months. They charge you £12 for the courtsey car then the car doesnt have fuel in it. What to do mate is ask to speak to the service manager and say your !Removed! right off about your car getting a recall for a stupid thing, make a big deal of it, and they will give in a give u it for free.

Hope you get your problem sorted mate, not good! Although as FMC says it's the dealership that are poor, not the company, otherwise you are currently the proud owner of a Useless Fiesta Titanium ;)

They do sound poor though - not telling you before hand about the Ford Insure being for over 21s only - sad case of lack of common sense, and too many people suffer from this when they are supposed to be providing 1st class service to us. I find as well though that the older you are, the more seriously you get taken which is a very sad state of affairs (I'm 23). Example: Whilst shopping for cars before ordering my Fiesta, I walked into Alfa Romeo - stood around the Mito checking out the spec etc and wanted to see how it stood up to the Fiesta and salesmen didn't bother getting up. They clearly profile us!

Peter

how the hell are you lads under 21 affording to buy these new cars anyway lol, i had a 9 year old cavalier at that age, it cost me £250 and i traded it for £1000!

how the hell are you lads under 21 affording to buy these new cars anyway lol, i had a 9 year old cavalier at that age, it cost me £250 and i traded it for £1000!

Most will be finance deals or the owner has decided to take out a bank loan

iv got my fiesta zs 1.6TDCI on finance £240 a month £850 a year insureance

yeah but £240 a month for how long, 30years? lol

iv got my fiesta zs 1.6TDCI on finance £240 a month £850 a year insureance

Thats actually quite a decent deal. How long is the deal for on the car ?. Personally i would not take out a finanace on a car. Id much rather just buy one outright, means i dont have to be looking for a couple of hundred at the end of each month.

I've had multiple problems with my '08 reg Ka (old shape). One of the times it was in, I was offered a courtesy car - one of the dealers brand new '09 reg Kas (new shape). I am 19 years old, and so my insurance didn't cover it. The next time I was having trouble with the car, they wouldn't allow me to take out a courtesy car because of my age. So really, I think it depends on how the service advisor feels on the day. All Ford main dealers are a joke - they want to sell cars, not fix them. Don't expect after sales service from Ford. If you are having major problems, goto Customer Relations and file a case - they will pursue it.

In response to the original post, if all your door needed was a bit of paint protection plastic film, then you could have bought some 3M Scotchgard and applied this yourself (or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the recall was about).

its over 3year but its got full leather,parking sensors,auto lights wipers,privacy glass,full dress up kit

whats your gfv after 3years?

Well being the stubborn bas*ard I am it's been annoying me all day so I rang the service

manager n told him about what had happened. His attitude was basically I couldn't care less so I have reported him to Jennings head office in Newcastle aswell as filing a complaint about there aftersales service as it is truley shocking. Also just because we are young dosent

mean we don't have a good job or earn good money, I work dam hard and am careful about what i do with my money and certainly won't be giving any to Jennings in the future lol

Well being the stubborn bas*ard I am it's been annoying me all day so I rang the service

manager n told him about what had happened. His attitude was basically I couldn't care less so I have reported him to Jennings head office in Newcastle aswell as filing a complaint about there aftersales service as it is truley shocking. Also just because we are young dosent

mean we don't have a good job or earn good money, I work dam hard and am careful about what i do with my money and certainly won't be giving any to Jennings in the future lol

thats an admirable attitute and a rare one these days i salute you on that.

Yeah you done the right thing. They think they can get wide with you because you are young and get let off with it. He should get pulled up about that because at the end of day the point of the company is to make profit and treat all customers with respect. Plus during this economic crisis its essential for them to supply a high standard of service as not as many people are buying there stock. I bet in the next few days you will get a call with the manager saying sorry and all that :L

I hope so, still there not going to reimburse me for the money I have lost and the inconvenience they have caused me. So apology or not they will not be getting anymore custom from me and I certainly won't be recomending them to anyone:-)

seems to be a comon problem regarding there

aftersales service and I am glad I'm not the only one who has had problems, just proves that something needs to be done about there service

21 sounds good to me, Im a driving instructor, currently the youngest in the country I believe, I m 22, yet if I want to rent a car/van (like wanting to movehouse!!!) I have to get my DAD to come and drive it...and I love ya dad...but his driving is awful!

NUTS!

Shame bout the service your getting....its mainstream, its why I never wanted to work in a dealership as a mechanic...mechanics get treated like crap so they dont feel like treating customers or cars any different.

Hope it smooths out for ya'll with problems.

Piggy :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club