Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust insulation hanging down from the underside of the car.

The Joshua Tree

I recently bought a used 2008 Focus, when i bought the car i knew that their was a slight issue with some movement in the exhaust at the rear, at the time i thought it just needed a new rubber mount for the rear.

Whilst i was checking the exhaust today to see what needed doing i noticed that their was insulation hanging down in 2 places with virtually nothing securing it, i presume their is supposed to be circular type clips holding it in place, their was nothing holding it in place from the area it was hanging down. Their are spikes coming from the floor of some kind, obviously that's where the insulation holes sit in then some kind of large clip keeps it in place but i'm missing those.

Can you buy these clips anywhere ?

I'm just wondering if they will fit as the circular cutout hole on the insulation has got bigger than the original hole size, any suggestions on a way around that ?

many methods the easiest is to get an old coke can and cut it open cut rough washers out of it to cover the hole that's extended i prefer to double the cut aluminium poke a hole through it fit it in place then the clip or you can also add some tiger seal to ensure it doesn't come off again or depending on the size fit washers to cover the hole

Get a couple of big washers under the clip.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club