Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DMB gel overlays

daisbuys

Hi guys

looking to get some gel oval badges for the front and rear of the car as well as overlays for the alloys.

What colour do you think would be best, black with White writing or black with silver writing?

Going on a new mk 7 fiesta zetec s in White, if that makes a difference lol

cheers peeps

I meant to say also - I don't think black with either silver or white is the way to go, the whole point of the colour coding the badges is to (in my opinion) blend them in - for that reason, I went for white.

Got to be the white ones Dai, like Dan's ;)

Although removing the Blue Oval in the first place is sacrilege in my opinion :P

Got to be the white ones Dai, like Dan's ;)

Although removing the Blue Oval in the first place is sacrilege in my opinion :P

:lol:

Prancing Horse - yes

Maserati Trident - yes

The Lambo Bull - yes

Ford Blue Oval - erm, no.

I agree with Dan, white overlays on a white car looks stunning :D

same ere, didn't think of black on White. I knew it was worth posting that question on here!

Looks like it's gona be White then ;)

Do I really have to remove the original badges first though? As last time I done it I just slapped them on top and you couldn't even tell that I done that! Fitted on lovely, but had to be carefull linging them up.

And slightly off topic here, but anyone got front splitters on their cars? Fancying pumaspeeds or mountunes but not sure which one is the best quality and better looking out of the 2?

:lol:

Prancing Horse - yes

Maserati Trident - yes

The Lambo Bull - yes

Ford Blue Oval - erm, no.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the white badges on your car Dan, but i wouldn't do it myself.

Surely you've heard Ford Motor Company described with the moniker "The Blue Oval"? :unsure:

:)

Of course I've heard of it being called the Blue Oval, what I mean is that 'covering up' a top marque badge like Ferrari would be considered sacrilege - but not the Ford badge. :lol:

To the OP - you don't remove the badges, as you say - they just go over the top.

Of course I've heard of it being called the Blue Oval, what I mean is that 'covering up' a top marque badge like Ferrari would be considered sacrilege - but not the Ford badge. :lol:

To the OP - you don't remove the badges, as you say - they just go over the top.

I would LOVE to see a lamborghini pimped up chav style with a HUGE spoiler and other stupid mods.

try keeping that clean round GB lanes!! LOL!

Do like the white clean look...where me get some...think red ones be looky nicey on me red ZS!?

I would reccomend a racing puma carbon fibre splitter, its over the top nuts, but ace and actually will work if you fit it right.

Piggy :)

try keeping that clean round GB lanes!! LOL!

Do like the white clean look...where me get some...think red ones be looky nicey on me red ZS!?

I would reccomend a racing puma carbon fibre splitter, its over the top nuts, but ace and actually will work if you fit it right.

They are rather nice aren't they! You get them from DMB graphics: http://www.dmb.uk.com/Category/FORD-BADGES---GEL-OVERLAYS/39

(Is linking to other shops allowed, Dan?)

great, now I have decision problems.

The ZS will be Colorado red.

The badge options are red with black writing, red with white writing, white with red writing, or black with red writing. :unsure:

How do I choose...too many options...brain cant cope! although i like the red with black writing...bette colour coded me thinks.

Ta for link by the way, Piggy :)

They are rather nice aren't they! You get them from DMB graphics: http://www.dmb.uk.com/Category/FORD-BADGES---GEL-OVERLAYS/39

(Is linking to other shops allowed, Dan?)

Sure is Alex - unless you own DMB graphics of course, but you've never mentioned that. Actually, I think they're a partner, so it's ok regardless...

Anyway, it's fine :lol:

The badge options are red with black writing, red with white writing, white with red writing, or black with red writing. :unsure:

How do I choose...too many options...brain cant cope! although i like the red with black writing...better colour coded me thinks.

I'd say it depends on whether you intend doing any other mods Piggy. For example, the white badges with red script would look great with a set of white side splash graphics or stripes. Or even white wheels B) I'm not a big lover of black and red TBH, and I think they will detract from the look, as do black wheels on red IMO. But there again, black side splash graphics (a la Mountune graphics) would look pretty good too. Hmmm, decisions, decisions... :wacko::lol:

Either way, the Colorado Red is a great colour B)

Some white on red inspirations for you ;) (Image from http://www.fordfiestatuningclub.it/forum/index.php)

site_logo.jpg

How do I choose...too many options...brain cant cope! although i like the red with black writing...bette colour coded me thinks.

Ta for link by the way, Piggy :)

A quick comment on the overlays.

I've got a Tango MK7 Titanium, and thought the red/chrome badges and wheel covers would work. It might just be that mine is a darker/orangey red, but at night - under the orange street lights, the front badge looked a bit more pink - might work better on yours as there's less of a contrast with Colorado!!

Also the wheel stickers didn't really work. I've changed the main badges for Black with Chrome writing and put Silver with Chrome writing on the wheels (55mm btw). These look much better. I'm still intending to get some better pics to bulk up the lack of Tango here, but with no decent camera and the current weather.... it will come! The Black steering wheel overlay looks awesome on all colours too I think.

While I'm here, the other mods I've done are:

-Richbrook Sabre aerial (Black) (about £17 from Halfords)

-Official Ford Fiesta MK7 Aluminium door sills (About £37 from my dealer - inc staff discount as he's a mate ;) )

-Red footwell lights (12 LED Superbright) [this was the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...m=190349381151I know it's dead but I can't find a new one. I'm posting it as its in the right area - maybe someone can find a similar product? ]

and i've added bought an "EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive" to leave in the car (so small you almost can't see it) ~£20 from http://shop.brando.com/eagletec-usb-nano-f...8c1056d007.html [NOTE, the Black 8GB has a RED line not yellow so it looks even better...especially as the drive access light is also red-couldn't be more co-ordinated if I made it myself!!]

I'd say it depends on whether you intend doing any other mods Piggy. For example, the white badges with red script would look great with a set of white side splash graphics or stripes. Or even white wheels B) I'm not a big lover of black and red TBH, and I think they will detract from the look, as do black wheels on red IMO. But there again, black side splash graphics (a la Mountune graphics) would look pretty good too. Hmmm, decisions, decisions... :wacko::lol:

Either way, the Colorado Red is a great colour B)

Some white on red inspirations for you ;) (Image from http://www.fordfiestatuningclub.it/forum/index.php)

site_logo.jpg

that link is busted dood :(

I have my eyes on these...

http://www.motorspeed.co.uk/store_main.asp...product_id=4277

soz, cant remember how to do link.

So me thinks, the red/black work nice, I am more of sleeper car kinda guy.

Esp with chipping the diesel eventually.

However, those nice rims with pupils, not gona make good somehow! :unsure:

thats for the colour big up, not many appear to pick it, yet it was iconic I think for the XR2i, and thats where it all started for the fast festa i think!

its all in the wrong language!?

Depends which language you speak i suppose :lol:

Clue is in the title though - tuning club ITALIA! :P

Try reading it through google translate or yahoo babel fish ;) (that's what i do, same for the German and French forums :))

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any problems with the gel badges losing their stick, just want to know what the quality is like before i buy them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club