Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr cleaned

ajzetecs

Due to my 1.8 tdci being very jerky, loud clattering and a misfire sound when around 2000rpm thought i would try and clean the egr valve, basically last resort apart from injectors which will be expensive and a pain to find out which one it may be. So i removed the 90 deg pipe and sprayed quite a bit component clean or can use egr or carb cleaner which ever should be ok without engine running then started it which struggled at first, gave it few revs with a puff of black smoke, turned car of then sprayed loads in then left car for hour. Came back and sprayed more in and turned car over and few more revs, turned engine of sprayed loads more in connected pipe then give it run out and magic runs like a dream, no jerking and loads more responsive.

My point is if think injectors are going before waste money try this may work hopefully and change fuel filter cheap fixes first 

• 3 months later...

Thanks for posting.

Seems like there are more options for EGR problem:

- spraying directly into turbine whre 90 deg pipe goes in, without engine running (like done here)

- spraying directly into air take with engine running (as can be found on most videos and instructions, like with BlueTech Diesel Applicaiton Spray or Bardahl EH Kit)

- taking off EGR and cleaning (as on YT video "Czysczenie sterownika zaworu EGR // FORD FOCUS MK2 1.8 TDCI 10R", "offline" Valvoline EGR Cleaner is used like this)

- adding fuel additives in fuel tank (as discussed here on "fuel additives (turbo cleaner)" topic)

-  intaking from some diesel purge bottle directly after the fuel filter.

I can't say which one works best. Taking off and cleaning looks reasonable. I hope yours method, which is an easy one, doesn't make some other damage. But, other instructions require engine working at around 2.500 rpm, so it's unusual to do this with engine off.

3 hours ago, ForTim said:

Thanks for posting.

Seems like there are more options for EGR problem:

- spraying directly into turbine whre 90 deg pipe goes in, without engine running (like done here)

- spraying directly into air take with engine running (as can be found on most videos and instructions, like with BlueTech Diesel Applicaiton Spray or Bardahl EH Kit)

- taking off EGR and cleaning (as on YT video "Czysczenie sterownika zaworu EGR // FORD FOCUS MK2 1.8 TDCI 10R", "offline" Valvoline EGR Cleaner is used like this)

- adding fuel additives in fuel tank (as discussed here on "fuel additives (turbo cleaner)" topic)

-  intaking from some diesel purge bottle directly after the fuel filter.

I can't say which one works best. Taking off and cleaning looks reasonable. I hope yours method, which is an easy one, doesn't make some other damage. But, other instructions require engine working at around 2.500 rpm, so it's unusual to do this with engine off.

Got mine delete of ecu has been fine so far got blank on and its better pick up, never knew blank helped after delete, sumit to do with back pressure the valve opens up still

• 2 weeks later...

I would opt for "taking off EGR and cleaning" but I don't know how to remove it, there's a bolt behind that's not accessible.

Is taking off also scuttle panel the only option?

Might be worth paying £100 for a terraclean save the bother and get it cleaned properly and will clean a lot more parts aswell

Terraclean is, as far as I can see, a service, not a product, and it's not available in my place.

So I'd rather clean EGR. I'm eager to see if mine is really as dirty as on video above.

Looking around, there are some interesting, someone will say strange ideas:

https://reviveturbocleaner.com/

Revive Turbo and Engine Cleaner

How to Decarbonise your Engine with Tap Water

I've tried the Turbo Revive Product to see if solved my problem of turbo flutter when cold and wooshing/hoover noise when hot (checked all the pipework beforehand).

No idea if it's had any effect what so ever but recently I checked the movement of the vanes and they moved very very easily and smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club