Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi

focusdriver

Hi I have 1.8 tdci I drive my car really hard. There are only a few things you need to make sure are running right.

I have had problems with fuel consumption because of the injectors

Clean age and turbo 

Make sure to use genuine ford fuefilter 

Make sure all injectors are working be because if injectors are blocked it will affect your fuel consumption

Ford don't give an interval to change fuel filters but I advise doing so every year (including housing seal) to avoid fuel pressure errors popping up.

Also keep an eye on the intercooler hoses as they are prone to splitting, tbh it is a good idea to swap them out for silicone ones to forestall any future dramas.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ford don't give an interval to change fuel filters but I advise doing so every year (including housing seal) to avoid fuel pressure errors popping up.

Also keep an eye on the intercooler hoses as they are prone to splitting, tbh it is a good idea to swap them out for silicone ones to forestall any future dramas.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Just as you mentioned silicone hoses, have you ever noticed a silicone hose sweat oil?  the top 90 degree hose on my car is every morning coated in a layer of oil, it looks like condensation, nothing else is, everything else around it is bone dry, I cant for the life of me work out where its coming from but its always there every morning!

• Like 1

Why car manufacturers don't do silicone hoses as standard is beyond me.

They last longer, don't split, look far better and don't collapse under vacuum.

Price difference is marginal too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Hi my 2006 ford focus mk2 1.8 tdci - since I serviced  the injectors  I replaced which was beyond repair my fuel consumption has gone up. 165000m on the clock I have changed the fuel filter but has made no impact I am.only getting 400 miles where as I was getting  700 miles.

I am getting a misfire the car is in limp mode will not accelerate rapidly. Car does not go beyond 2900 rpm very slow acceleration if going uphill the car loses power. The car will not do more than 70 mph. Can anyone help me plz!??? Friend suggested replacing the seal in the solenoid behind the fuel pump. It sounds like a fuel problem to me. There is enough pressure going to fuel filter. I did not send off fuel pump for testing.

Any got any ideas? Please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club