Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S quickclear screen...standard now?

InstructorPiggy

Ok, after I spotted it, Im now a little annoyed.

When I ordered me ZetecS back in late August the quick clear scree (demist thingy Im guessing) wasnt even an option, even thought its standard on nearly every other model, up and down.

Seemed ridiculous to me...even my dads 1.8td 1995 mondeo has the dam thing on it!!

But i noticed on a post that its now standard on the ZetecS...that true? How likely is it that it will be on mine...delivery date is around the 5th of December???

Coz I wanted it!! and im REALLY annoyed now...its the only decent invention Ford have come up with!! LOL!

Piggy :)

Ok, after I spotted it, Im now a little annoyed.

When I ordered me ZetecS back in late August the quick clear scree (demist thingy Im guessing) wasnt even an option, even thought its standard on nearly every other model, up and down.

Seemed ridiculous to me...even my dads 1.8td 1995 mondeo has the dam thing on it!!

But i noticed on a post that its now standard on the ZetecS...that true? How likely is it that it will be on mine...delivery date is around the 5th of December???

Coz I wanted it!! and im REALLY annoyed now...its the only decent invention Ford have come up with!! LOL!

well maybe the 2nd best thing they ever invented, after all they did invent the first mass produced car lol

was under the imprsion that it was standard on all fords even our mk1 focus had it and also my gf 1.2 fiesta 08 reg has it and the focus she had b4 that also had 1 and my fiesta has 1 ......

I know! But the brochure clearly shows it as not on the ZetecS?!?!?

obviously not cool enough for the zs's the button would add weight so think yourselves lucky lol! does seem a bit odd, its not as if theres anything else in its space like esp or sports switch?

I believe that the Zetec-S was given the quickclear windscreen as standard as of November.

This is according to my dealer anyway, since he tried to sell me a pre-November built car he had in stock but told me it had all the equipment in the latest brochure (which it didnt of course). I didnt take the one is stock, so my car is on the production line as I type.

Other equipment now standard on the Zetec-S (which I'm told were extra's before) are Side Skirts and Alloy Pedals.

Something also changed withe the option packs for the stereo/bluetooth/usb - not sure what tho.

Dave.

I'd definitely expect it if I was spending that sort of money on a car, especially since my old shape '08 Ka has it! :) The heated front and rear windows are probably the best feature on my car, so useful.

I believe that the Zetec-S was given the quickclear windscreen as standard as of November.

This is according to my dealer anyway, since he tried to sell me a pre-November built car he had in stock but told me it had all the equipment in the latest brochure (which it didnt of course). I didnt take the one is stock, so my car is on the production line as I type.

Other equipment now standard on the Zetec-S (which I'm told were extra's before) are Side Skirts and Alloy Pedals.

Something also changed withe the option packs for the stereo/bluetooth/usb - not sure what tho.

Dave.

Yes, the quickclear, the side skirts and alloy pedals are not standard... but some dealers haven't been informed and still try to sell these as options!

Yes, the quickclear, the side skirts and alloy pedals are NOW standard... but some dealers haven't been informed and still try to sell these as options!

Corrected the typo for the sake of avoiding any confusion ;)

All Fiesta Zetec S built after 3rd November have these as standard. B)

It was always an option on the Zetec S (£175 possibly?) - so I ordered it on my car (ordered at a similar time to yours but was swapped with a car that was very close to being built).

When the car was delivered (in late september) I had ended up with the now standard alloy pedals, so if you've spec'd 90% of the new zetec S spec (side skirts, pedals etc) you might well get the quickclear windscreen thrown in. As you as

all dealers were informed dont let them fool you we all get "Red Tops" from Ford that have new info for everyone. Check with your dealer if your car will arrive with it becasue Ford sometimes take it on there selves to alter the spec. For example when we ordered Style or Style + Ford then changed the order to the Edge when the spec came out and put on any options that were on originaly. Worth asking your dealer

Booo, I don't have it. It annoyed me at the time but I got over it... No doubt the annoyance will come back with the first frost when I have to get up 10 minutes earlier.... :(

It was always an option on the zetec s.

They should have made the curtain airbags standard before a lot of these options. I paid £250 for an option which I hope I never use!

For some reason Ford have always made at least some of the airbags an option on most of their cars. The old Ford ka had driver's airbag as standard, but passenger airbag cost an extra £200 IIRC.

Damn, I ordered the sideskirts as an option too and voicecontrol...Im gona chase em n find out if they owe me something coz the delivery date has been delayed over 6weeks!

Does anyone have the date that those items became standard? Apart from just November? Would be really helpful!

I want that screen and the sideskirts and pedals would be nice thrown in, esp after the wait Im getting!

Damn, I ordered the sideskirts as an option too and voicecontrol...Im gona chase em n find out if they owe me something coz the delivery date has been delayed over 6weeks!

Does anyone have the date that those items became standard? Apart from just November? Would be really helpful!

I want that screen and the sideskirts and pedals would be nice thrown in, esp after the wait Im getting!

I saw the "Red Top" sales bulletin advising of the specification change to the Zetec S and I'm sure it said from vehicles built after Nov 3rd. Some people seem to have had these fitted before that date though :wacko:

As for cost, the standard price of a Zetec-S went up to reflect the addition of these former optional extras, so you should not get any discount :(

WOoooppoooeeeooooppppeee!!! :D

Just got email today....big news....

They were going to build me a ZS 09a, so early model this year, certain things not standard but not at up hike new price...however...............

Email today, they will be building me a 09b model, with the side skirts, alloy pedals and QUICKCLEAR windscreen as standard!!!

Oh....and AT THE SAME PRICE!!! OOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Ford done somthing gooooooouuuuuooood! B)

Can you tell I am a little happy?! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to drag an old topic up but.....i have not got the quickclear screen and after this mornings frost i am now wanting it.

Do you think its something which could be added????would the wiring be behind the dash to connect to the screen????and maybe a button needs to be added to the controls to complete it????

Just a thought.

The wiring maybe there...but need a new windscreen!! and switch...I expect everything else is in place.

Booo, I don't have it. It annoyed me at the time but I got over it... No doubt the annoyance will come back with the first frost when I have to get up 10 minutes earlier.... :(

Good job you don't live in Edinburgh Flic - we have had several frosts - thank heavens for a heated front screen :)

I just thought it was a standard feature on the ford range, was not until a couple of days after i was driving i noticed the button was missing!!!epic fail on my part. tho now after reading a few other topics i now know its standard on cars built after november.

Never mind, i have never had it so cant miss what i have not had

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club