Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Disaster!!!!

Turvey

They are back, both flavors, bought the mint ones this morning. Cannot see any change to the packaging.

photo0084.jpg

• Like 1

Woopie!!! We're on holiday in Inverness so we'll check it out here before we go home. Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Woopie!!! We're on holiday in Inverness so we'll check it out here before we go home. Cheers. 

Ooh, let me know if they are back in as I'll be going to Inverness next week.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Ooh, let me know if they are back in as I'll be going to Inverness next week.

None in this afternoon! :sad:

Will check again tomorrow before we head up the road. 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

None in this afternoon! :sad:

Will check again tomorrow before we head up the road. 

It'll be Thursday before I get there (on my way to Tain for the Mercedes), so if not tomorrow hopefully they'll have them back in by then.

None in first thing this morning :sad: however we bought a few packets of the Aldi version ( we don't have an Aldi up here) which are very good as well, which will keep us going until, hopefully Lidl gets theirs back in. If not, we're away again in November so will stock up on Aldi's again :wink:

42 minutes ago, Turvey said:

None in first thing this morning :sad: however we bought a few packets of the Aldi version ( we don't have an Aldi up here) which are very good as well, which will keep us going until, hopefully Lidl gets theirs back in. If not, we're away again in November so will stock up on Aldi's again :wink:

I used to quite like Aldi, until the fiasco with alcohol and my ID, but I won't go into that...  Basically, they refused to accept my driving licence unless I had the counterpart, which is no longer even valid!!  Morons, the lot of them.  At least, in Elgin anyway.

Aldi along with Morrisons don't seem to have stores down here, there's enough Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda for every resident to have one each:laugh:, a handful of Lidls, a few Co-ops and the odd Waitrose/John Lewis and a rare Spar. 

None in first thing this morning sad.png however we bought a few packets of the Aldi version ( we don't have an Aldi up here) which are very good as well, which will keep us going until, hopefully Lidl gets theirs back in. If not, we're away again in November so will stock up on Aldi's again wink.png

I used to quite like Aldi, until the fiasco with alcohol and my ID, but I won't go into that...  Basically, they refused to accept my driving licence unless I had the counterpart, which is no longer even valid!!  Morons, the lot of them.  At least, in Elgin anyway.

As you say, the counterpart is void.

I've consigned mine to the shredder.

Seeing as a full licence is accepted as a legal proof of I.D and age they were fully in the wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930F

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

As you say, the counterpart is void.

I've consigned mine to the shredder.

Seeing as a full licence is accepted as a legal proof of I.D and age they were fully in the wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I know that, and knew it when I was stood there and being openly humiliated in front of everyone else in the store when it was loudly proclaimed "no, I can't serve you this!". 

Since then I've never stepped foot back in the store, which is fine as Lidl has the same prices and quite frankly better quality products and customer service.

Well, Lidl in Elgin has them back in stock as of tonight!

WP_20161025_18_14_12_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Getting closer! :biggrin:

Don't see the attraction in the mint ones though :sick:  what did you think of them? Better or not as good as Penguins? 

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Getting closer! :biggrin:

Don't see the attraction in the mint ones though :sick:  what did you think of them? Better or not as good as Penguins? 

Not tried them yet, but plain chocolate makes me feel sick, so mint was the only option!

Yaaahooooo!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Back in stock!!! 

IMG_20161026_180756604.jpg

• Like 1

Thank goodness!  I hope Lidl know the distress their "rebranding" caused...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I hope Lidl know the distress their "rebranding" caused...

That's the thing that confuses me (doesn't take much sometimes!) the old and new packets, as far as I can see, are EXACTLY the same :unsure:

I'm going to put it down to 'supplier difficulties'  :smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turvey said:

That's the thing that confuses me (doesn't take much sometimes!) the old and new packets, as far as I can see, are EXACTLY the same :unsure:

That's true, they look exactly the same!

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

Those of us, who like Tesco's sparkling water with a hint of fruit juice had to endure a "supplier difficulties" last year, and three blends never came back afterwards.:unsure:  It looked like they changed bottlers, as new blends appeared after a hiatus of 3 months. 

I still preferred the old pear and elderflower to the new apple and elderflower though:mellow:

• Like 1

Really annoyed when your favourite item goes MIA or the manufacturer decides it needs to be a 'new and improved' product! Happens to us the whole time. 

We used to LOVE Reggae Reggae Fiery Gauva sauce https://www.amazon.co.uk/Levi-Roots-Reggae-Fiery-Dipping/dp/B006DHXXK8  but someone somewhere decided to stop making it!!! Been trying to find a substitute ever since but nothing comes close :sad:

• 1 year later...

Well a year later and they've done it again!!! Out of stock and no shelf-edge labels indicating that it's a temporary shortage :sad:

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Time to revive my old thread as it's happened again! 😀

Must be a seasonal thing as it seems to be the end of October, beginning of November that it happens. Busy making Christmas chocolate maybe 🤷

I'll know for next year though, stockpiling 👍

holy-necro-post-batman.jpg.f0d4ecdb8c8efb6426a2cb398a525130.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club