Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Disaster!!!!

Turvey

Our local Lidl don't have any Arctic Bars in stock!!! Daughter works there but doesn't know if they're being rebranded (like Mrs Turvey's favourite wine was) or has been discontinued. 

Don't know what I'm going to do if they're discontinued! 

• Like 2

Been missing in my local Lidl for weeks now. I like the mint ones.

• Like 1

Don't think I've ever bought them...  Were they like Penguin bars?

I've not heard of them, but a Google has enlightened me to what they are.

Our local Lidl is missing too, although it's coming back as a double floored triple sized Lidl next year,  

Tesco Extra is only 500 metres further down the A349 and then there's a massive Asda about a a mile south of it and huge (not as big as massive) Asda about a mile the north of it and yet another Tesco Extra. I suspect Lidl have thought they might as well have the same size stores, stocking absolutely everything, to level the playing field.

Like Tesco before them, they've paid the council to change the traffic light controlled junction, so Lidl gets it's own traffic light controlled exit

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Don't think I've ever bought them...  Were they like Penguin bars?

Yes........but MUCH better IMHO :wink:

3 hours ago, GMX said:

I've not heard of them, but a Google has enlightened me to what they are.

Our local Lidl is missing too, although it's coming back as a double floored triple sized Lidl next year,  

Tesco Extra is only 500 metres further down the A349 and then there's a massive Asda about a a mile south of it and huge (not as big as massive) Asda about a mile the north of it and yet another Tesco Extra. I suspect Lidl have thought they might as well have the same size stores, stocking absolutely everything, to level the playing field.

Like Tesco before them, they've paid the council to change the traffic light controlled junction, so Lidl gets it's own traffic light controlled exit

Sounds like you've got enough supermarkets there!!! 

I do like a lot of Lidl stuff, as mentioned in another thread some of their wine is pretty good for under £4 a bottle! 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Yes........but MUCH better IMHO :wink:

I've never really been a fan of Penguins, too dry and tasteless in my opinion, so it is a shame if those Arctic Bars have been discontinued.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I've never really been a fan of Penguins

:ohmy:

Tux.svg.png

• Like 2

You poor souls presumably haven't tried Tim Tams. Better than all this junk. :wink:

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

You poor souls presumably haven't tried Tim Tams. Better than all this junk. :wink:

Didn't know what they were, had to Google it! Look interesting...... I'll just need to book a trip to Oz to try them out :biggrin:

Daughter working tomorrow so she'll ask if anyone know anything about them. 

Failing that, we're away to Inverness next week and if Lidls there don't have them I'll resort to buying a couple of packets of ASDA Puffin biscuits, a slightly inferior product but better than nothing :sad:

• Like 1

Tim tams, they're very similar to our penguin biscuits. ;)

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

Didn't know what they were, had to Google it! Look interesting...... I'll just need to book a trip to Oz to try them out :biggrin:

Daughter working tomorrow so she'll ask if anyone know anything about them. 

Failing that, we're away to Inverness next week and if Lidls there don't have them I'll resort to buying a couple of packets of ASDA Puffin biscuits, a slightly inferior product but better than nothing :sad:

Any news?

Wouldn't mind trying them myself now after all this talk...  Making me hungry!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Any news?

Wouldn't mind trying them myself now after all this talk...  Making me hungry!!

Nothing official, but word on the street is it's just a revamp :wink: but why they need to stop selling them for a couple of weeks is beyond me :unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Nothing official, but word on the street is it's just a revamp :wink: but why they need to stop selling them for a couple of weeks is beyond me :unsure:

Probably so that they can run down old stocks and make a clean swap to the new style instead of having a mix of old and new.

53 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Probably so that they can run down old stocks and make a clean swap to the new style instead of having a mix of old and new.

In which case they could send them up here and I would help them! :thumbs_up:

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

Tesco did this to Ultra Cat Litter last year, it just vanished.

Whereas Bunty didn't mind going outside: Molly is a litter only cat but it had to be Tesco Ultra or that other expensive one that's also wood based, whose name I can't think of

Having visited all the Tesco Extras in a 50 mile radius, and only got one 10L bag, I phoned Tesco, before I enlarged my search to a 100 mile radius, and was told it's coming back. :yahoo: We're just revamping the packaging to make it look more modern and changing the brand colour and font:unsure:

10 hours ago, GMX said:

Tesco did this to Ultra Cat Litter last year, it just vanished.

Whereas Bunty didn't mind going outside: Molly is a litter only cat but it had to be Tesco Ultra or that other expensive one that's also wood based, whose name I can't think of

Having visited all the Tesco Extras in a 50 mile radius, and only got one 10L bag, I phoned Tesco, before I enlarged my search to a 100 mile radius, and was told it's coming back. :yahoo: We're just revamping the packaging to make it look more modern and changing the brand colour and font:unsure:

We've never used wood based litter, but I did see some a while ago by Sanicat so maybe that's the one? 

Like food, Buttons can also be picky with her litter, and now being an indoor cat, that can be a problem!

Well, I'm sorry to report that having been to Inverness Lidl tonight, I checked and they are entirely devoid of Arctic Bars... :sad:

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, I'm sorry to report that having been to Inverness Lidl tonight, I checked and they are entirely devoid of Arctic Bars... :sad:

Where's the 'Unlike' button? :sad:

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Where's the 'Unlike' button? :sad:

For what it's worth, I'm just as disappointed as I was looking forward to trying them...  Any idea what the new name is going to be?

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Any idea what the new name is going to be?

Never thought about it, but I'm guessing they'll keep the name and just revamp the packaging? 

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

And nor does Lidl in Ferndown

7 hours ago, Turvey said:

Never thought about it, but I'm guessing they'll keep the name and just revamp the packaging? 

They'll probably be changing the style of packaging and may be the font and colour like Tesco did with the cat litter

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Down to my last biscuit! :sad:

I didn't know things were that bad!! :ohmy:

Was going to check Elgin for any remaining stocks, but due to the weather I gave it a miss...  Not that it'd have helped you, but I too am out of chocolate biscuits!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I didn't know things were that bad!! :ohmy:

Was going to check Elgin for any remaining stocks, but due to the weather I gave it a miss...  Not that it'd have helped you, but I too am out of chocolate biscuits!

Aye, weather's pretty sh#te out there right enough! 

I'm reduced to eating Twixs and Rockys for now, still holding out for a revamp with a quick turnaround. Mrs Turvey informs me her favourite wine was off the shelves for about 6 weeks before it came back with a new label!!!