Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&N Air Filter full of oil

ivak

Hey guys, I have bought K&N Air Filter 33-2955 from carparts4less for my fiesta and when I took it out of the box it is all oily. Should I just give it a good clean with rag and canned air?

Or not open it at all and apply for refund?

bottom.jpg

box.jpg

front.jpg

Hello and welcome Ivan

2 types of air filter. Dry and wet ie oiled. If you want a dry filter then ask to exchange it for a dry filter. The oiled Filter just helps to trap particles more effectively so it won't do any harm fitting it to your car. They are washable with the correct cleaning fluid. Should see 50k miles before needing washed and re oiled.  Even the dry ones are washable.

So get it installed in and enjoy. Just for info here's the link to your filer at kn.com. have a read and I am sure you will be fine

http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2955

When it comes to service time you will need this to clean and re oil your filter

http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/product.aspx?prod=99-5000EU

Edited by Joss max
added detail

I knew that this filter is reusable, but maybe I was just overreacting from the excess oil. I'll leave it on kitchen towels to absorb it and wipe out the plastic sides before use.

Thanks guys and at least I know how to reuse it in the future.

• Like 1