Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus alloys

Kier

I need a bit of help, I got my car yesterday, with some rather nice alloys on it, however, I dont have the key to take them off, which is a bit of a problem as one has a slow punture. Does anyone know any place that I can get a replacement key from? Went to Halfords, and they said a garage will have to break them off, and then get a replacement, however I dont really trust Halfords.

I dont know what type they are, however, I can get some photos if that helps.

I don't think it matters so much as to the alloy type but more the locking nut that was used. If they are standard ford alloys then maybe a visit to the local dealers?, if not then i think you will really struggle.

Thanks, didn't think of that :). Had a quick look, and they have the Ford name on in the middle, so I'm guessing not many aftermarket alloys would have that on? Friend of the family works at Ford so I'll speak to them about it.

If they do have one...is it possible to buy them do you know?

No.

you would need the code on the original box of locking wheel nuts.

Each is slightly different, for obvious security resons.

U will need to have a garage to get them off, there are some clever tools out there with reverse threads etc and i used to have to more than a few times per year, very carefully weld a nut to the end and then be able to get the damn thing off.

Lesson learnt here...ALWAYS ALWAYS buy a car WITH the locking wheel nut.

Have you checked every where tho? They can be in odd places, not just the door cards or glovebox! Check spare wheel well, all round bout, look in all luggage spaces and pockets, could easily be wrapped up in a cloth somewhere in the car.

Piggy :)

No.

you would need the code on the original box of locking wheel nuts.

Each is slightly different, for obvious security resons.

U will need to have a garage to get them off, there are some clever tools out there with reverse threads etc and i used to have to more than a few times per year, very carefully weld a nut to the end and then be able to get the damn thing off.

Lesson learnt here...ALWAYS ALWAYS buy a car WITH the locking wheel nut.

Have you checked every where tho? They can be in odd places, not just the door cards or glovebox! Check spare wheel well, all round bout, look in all luggage spaces and pockets, could easily be wrapped up in a cloth somewhere in the car.

Piggy :)

All it appears to be is some kind of star shaped allen key? Does it need a code for that?

Had a look in all the places I can find, but nothing :(

They arent std Ford lockers mate. Ford ones have a kind of flower shape cut into the nut that the key sits into. Each one is slightly different.

find urself sumwere that u can buy turbo socket from mate. it will fit into a standard ratchet and u will b able to ajust it to fit onto the lokcer

All it appears to be is some kind of star shaped allen key? Does it need a code for that?

You mean a torx bit like this?

t_drive_1b.jpg

You mean a torx bit like this?

t_drive_1b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i was just crusing around on the forum and came across this thread, its taken quite a few days to get acess to post but i hope this helps you all out a little bit

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165469

We have a varied selection of Laser products available. Laser Locking Wheel Nut Remover has a deep internal reverse thread. The reverse thread grips the outside of a wheel nut allowing removal without the need for security sockets. Ideal if you have lost your security socket and need to change your wheels.

Use of these product may damage the locking wheel nut making it unusable. This is not intended as a replacement for the correct security socket.

hope this helps you out a little bit

• 4 weeks later...
would not think it that easy would you!? :lol:

Ive seen these and allen bolts used as locking nuts many times. Ive no idea where people get them though. As you say you wouldn't think it would be that easy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club