Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A very expensive hobby, my Focus MK3 ...

Rainydays

6 hours ago, Rainydays said:

Sadly, the below were the conditions and as I am a responsible driver, I used Sport Mode and not Hooligan mode !

We need to be an example! Nobody has to know that it was sideways on the national road in Sport Mode as well!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

251969d1514675108-one-where-i-got-withou

Glad you had fun mate....enjoy "The Beast" :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

have some question what was color of your dark blue focus ? deep impact blue ?

• Like 1

Awesome read & awesome cars.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

have some question what was color of your dark blue focus ? deep impact blue ?

Yes sir ! Deep Impact Blue !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Great read, enjoy your new car! If you attack this one like you did the last, it will be a project to remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great read, enjoy your new car! If you attack this one like you did the last, it will be a project to remember!

I have already made a list of parts from various companies. Having some tough moments on a private level where my partner and I have split. I will need the distraction.

I see quite a few people change the inter cooler before they tune. I am surprised because the stock one is crazy good.
WAGNER has a nice one for the MK3 RS [emoji106].

In terms of induction kits I cannot make a decision. There are so many variants out there I need to see what will end up in the car. I was complaining that my old car barely had parts , this one is a whole new ball game ! Mountune could be an option but I like another brand [emoji106].

Coil overs , I am not sure here. I had some annoying rattling and clanking noise from my KW and I am reluctant here. I asked some people who have coil overs on their RS but until I drive one to see if there are rear top mount noises I will not buy anything.

Exhaust wise I am looking at various ones. A beautiful Remus is tempting me but I am also seduced by the super blue coated Armytrix pipes. The Armytrix costs an arm and a leg and Miltek has a blue tips version but I don’t like the sound that much.

Tuning wise I am aiming for the 400 HP Mark and while it is fun to build the project yourself , there is a vendor in Europe , Wolf Racing, offering a 440 guaranteed Stage 3 tune where they include all the bells and whistles.

Decisions , decisions , decisions.... which are on hold because of the possible head gasket problem. So if I add one aftermarket item on my car , should my head gasket fail, Ford May deny warranty.

So I am in limbo pretty much [emoji23]!

On 9.01.2018 at 5:42 PM, Rainydays said:

Yes sir ! Deep Impact Blue !

ST has same color ? maybe you know :D

I have already made a list of parts from various companies. Having some tough moments on a private level where my partner and I have split. I will need the distraction.

I see quite a few people change the inter cooler before they tune. I am surprised because the stock one is crazy good.
WAGNER has a nice one for the MK3 RS [emoji106].

In terms of induction kits I cannot make a decision. There are so many variants out there I need to see what will end up in the car. I was complaining that my old car barely had parts , this one is a whole new ball game ! Mountune could be an option but I like another brand [emoji106].

Coil overs , I am not sure here. I had some annoying rattling and clanking noise from my KW and I am reluctant here. I asked some people who have coil overs on their RS but until I drive one to see if there are rear top mount noises I will not buy anything.

Exhaust wise I am looking at various ones. A beautiful Remus is tempting me but I am also seduced by the super blue coated Armytrix pipes. The Armytrix costs an arm and a leg and Miltek has a blue tips version but I don’t like the sound that much.

Tuning wise I am aiming for the 400 HP Mark and while it is fun to build the project yourself , there is a vendor in Europe , Wolf Racing, offering a 440 guaranteed Stage 3 tune where they include all the bells and whistles.

Decisions , decisions , decisions.... which are on hold because of the possible head gasket problem. So if I add one aftermarket item on my car , should my head gasket fail, Ford May deny warranty.

So I am in limbo pretty much [emoji23]!

I agree about holding off on any performance upgrade until Ford get their finger out and solve the head problem once and for all.

I’ve heard that something is coming in February but nothing more than a rumour at the moment

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mastachaz said:

ST has same color ? maybe you know :D

The ST does not have the same blue i'm afraid. 

11 hours ago, Rainydays said:

The ST does not have the same blue i'm afraid. 

thanks that great I pick MK3 Facelift in Race red

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Focus RS you have there ;) btw if i may ask. Your previous 1.5EB, you have mentioned you were at STAGE 2 with that car. I have only noticed that you had a custom remap to 200+HP and then you did a new exhaust + DP. Did you actually do another remap after exhaust fitting or you stayed at those 200+ HP ? 

Thank you

• Like 1

Seeing the potential in that Ecoboost engine, I told my tuner to try a more aggressive map on the car. He was very nice and accommodating and he managed to push it around 217+ hp. He was extremely happy with the result as he did not expect that the car with the original map + sportkat+exhaust to be so willing for more power. So after a few attempts he got it up there. It was the most extreme tune he has ever done for this engine. The car was flying as a few people could not understand how a bland 1.5 ecoboost can fly like that. Little did they know that i had my torque curve smashing the gates of hell from 1750 rpm :). It is no wonder that Ford chose the 1.5 for the new ST. 

Regarding the new car, it is so docile as a daily driver but sometimes you can feel the beast wants to be set free. I drive it with care as it is in the break in period and i always make sure my oil is at 70 centigrade and above before I push a bit. Below you can see it at work waiting impatiently for me to push the pedal to 3500-4000 rpm and have the exhaust pop :D. It is a bit dirty due to snow and constant rain in my area but properly waxed for the season. 

DD.jpg

• Like 1

It looks great, really really nice! I bet you’ve enjoyed the snow...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am plagued by the famous head gasket recall. My car is on the list and I need to service it next week.

I have no symptoms or problems but Ford said it had to be done .

Let’s see if the dealer is competent enough to get the job done!

FCSD were a tad miffed that it went on to FordPass before the parts were available for the FSA and letters had gone out. Expect that's why it's been removed from FordPass now.

When the supply chain gets it's act together and parts are available I expect it to go back on the App and letters will go out (probably in manufactured order) to effected owners to book their cars in. Only when a dealer gets a letter will they probably be able to order the "kit" so as to not let one dealer order loads and slow the FSA chronological order up.

That's how my logical brain figures it out but as it's Ford, it could be completely different lol

• Like 1

facebook notification.jpeg

"This is being addressed" - yeah - deleted! lol

It's just taken off the app until stock is available. At that point letters will go out. 

It's still on ETIS but Ford don't acknowledge that regular punters can access that lol

I will ring the dealer tomorrow to see if they can confirm receipt of all necessary items.

I would not want to end up like some people who drop their car with no ETA.

It will be a tough 2 days as I have become extremely addicted to the car and I am looking forward to snowy conditions and ice patches [emoji23]. As you can see from the below some of the nannies are turned off to make the car slip :).

f77b3b7264a7499361ad6af628f461c6.jpg
e1cff431a047d34c3a87004464ff4a2c.jpg

• Like 2

I just came back from my dealer. 
I parked the car in their garage, went to the head mechanic, first things he said after hi, Houston we got a problem. 
Ford gave my dealer an urgent instruction last night to not touch the car. 
Even though I had all the parts, they found an issue with one of them. 
I do not have additional details but they need 2-3 weeks to make sure the new part arrives for my car. 
I was a bit disappointed but I told them that I want the car done properly from the get go and not have it in the shop. 

I had an original appointment, before the recall thing, for the 1st of March for my yearly control. 
They will fix my car then worse case scenario. 
Should Ford give them the green light and the parts faster, i will get a phone call.

On a Mod note, 

I caved and I found something on the Steeda website :D.

It was pricey and shipping cost was brutal but I got it in a day and a half. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 2

I followed the manual instructions.
I used 5 full turns but if I use force it will turn clock wise and anti clockwise. There is no lock pin.

I drove with it and it doesn’t move when I shift gears. It is precise like a sniper rifle and does make a difference.

I used 7 turns to try to lock it but it hides the reverse lock too much. So I went back to the recommended 5. Reverse gear works fine but I feel the bulkness of the knob which is very manly hahah!

Best 200 euros I spent and steeda shipped in 1,5 days.

7702988e8a6eff517b474e935026cc29.jpg
2428955a48d80c265965df308adb2338.jpg
196996b83e0cdb94b0e06f40866f73f2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had 4 sad days where my RS was not with me. 

I have been plagued by the head gasket issue but I had zero problems with the car. 

My dealer took care of the car and made a few videos. 

Due to privacy reasons I did not post the videos as personal information is being shared. 

18.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club