Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 Window Seals

razabbs

Morning gents, 

I'm having a bit of trouble with my 2008 Focus, in that I'm pretty sure the window seals are absolutely knackered on both of the front doors. As far as I'm aware they're not leaking so to speak, however when i jump in the car each morning, if it's rained the night before the windows, from the inside are totally steamed up and this will stay for a period. The outside's if its covered in water for example, and i try to clear that water by lowering the window all the way down and back up, it'll have absolutely no effect. As a result, i think there may be very small amounts of water getting in through the bottom of the window on the outside, and then maybe somehow, the moisture is getting inside the car, causing the condensation. 

Does anyone know costs/if it's possible to replace these and rectify the issue? I've not heard if it's a common problem or not. For what it's worth, I think the seals on the rear doors have gone aswell but that's less of an issue at the moment. Front's are impeding visibility when i'm trying to exit junctions for example. 

EDIT: The car has done 56000 miles 

they all do it its not the seals its the shape of the frame and window

Mine is the same it really annoys me :sad: 

I think every other car I've owned when you lower the window it clears the rain from the glass but guess the focus likes to be different  :sad:

The op says the inside is wet in the morning though...so water is getting in somewhere unless you're using the ac just before switching off the engine?

Unfortunately as above the outside 'scrapers' don't clear the windows on these Focus' which is very annoying but normal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club