Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 oil light flickering/solid

DJGee

Hi all,

First post looking for a bit of help I have a 2002 1.3 LX Mk6 and my oil light keeps coming on once the car has warmed up.

Only happens when the revs drop below 1,000rpm then it flickers then comes on solid.
I've just replaced the oil pressure switch and done a oil + filter change but still persists.

I'm still getting oil to the top of the engine I checked before and wasn't a lot at the top then check when I got to work and the top was coated. Would suggest that I've still got oil pressure to get oil to the top.

Anyone suggest what to check next?

EDIT: Sorry should mention I did check oil level before doing the oil + filter change and it was just under max.

Depending on how many miles this beauty has done either the oil pump is worn or the big ends.

11 hours ago, DieselPig said:

Depending on how many miles this beauty has done either the oil pump is worn or the big ends.

Car has done just under 127,000 miles, I've got no knocking noises from the engine. 

OK. Stationary, with the engine hot, put in neutral and rev the engine, hold it at 2500 rpm. If you hear a knock throttle off, the bottom end is worn.

If no knock the oil pump is worn assuming you have the correct grade of oil in it.