Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy wheels

Cookey09

Hi guys. I'm wanting a new set of alloys for after the winter months. But I have no idea where to start...

After a bit of research, I've not found a clear cut answer. Can alloys be just swapped over? Im wanting a set of 17inch alloys either those that are found on the TitaniumX/St-line or other aftermarket 17's... All I know is the alloys need 4 nut holes. As fiesta's have four. That is it. 

Im getting a little confused with all the measurements and dimensions... 

I've attatched a information page from "rimstyle.co.uk", can someone just dumb it down for me. Hahaha😉

Cookey. 

If you're buying ford alloys then any 4 stud should be fine.

for aftermarket wheels they need to be 4x108 which is the stud pattern, standard offset is ET47.5 the lower the number the more the wheel will stick out the arch eg ET 37 will be 10.5mm further out than standard. If your getting 17s then it'll be easier to spec 7J which is the width in inches.

does your car have TPMS valves? They can be swapped or new ones fitted, new ones would need programming, leaving them off would mean the warning light coming on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MarksST said:

If you're buying ford alloys then any 4 stud should be fine.

for aftermarket wheels they need to be 4x108 which is the stud pattern, standard offset is ET47.5 the lower the number the more the wheel will stick out the arch eg ET 37 will be 10.5mm further out than standard. If your getting 17s then it'll be easier to spec 7J which is the width in inches.

does your car have TPMS valves? They can be swapped or new ones fitted, new ones would need programming, leaving them off would mean the warning light coming on.

I thought as much regarding Ford alloys. But RE: aftermarket, thanks a lot for that information! 

I do know that when I had a puncture it did say to check tyre pressure etc...

so im guessing this is what your talking about?

This is what my Ford Etis shows, anything related to wheels/tyres:

•  Less Spare Wheel
  •  Tyre Pressure Sensors - 433 MHZ
  •  6.5 X 16" Alloy Wheel - Style B
  •  195/50R 16 V
  •  With Standard Tyre Tread - Front
  •  With Standard Tyre Tread - Rear
  •  Any Brand Tyre Vendor
  •  Less Wheel Covers
  •  Less Hub Covers
  •  Locking Wheel Nuts
  •  Components Unique For Alloy Wheels

Much appreciated. Cookey.

Unsure how these would fit? And the tyre pressure monitoring system too?

image.png

They would fit fine, they would stick out 5mm more than OE wheels.

Yes, you have TPMS, that's the 433mhz part on your etis report , if you're having these as a second set and going to swap them a couple of times a year then the TPMS will be an issue, a new set would need coding to the car, it's possible this would delete the original set meaning you would need to have them coded when you swap wheels. Sensors and valves are £30-40each. I'd try and get the TPMS disabled and not bother wi new TPMS sensors in that case.

on factory cars with 17" wheels there is also steering limited to stop the wheels potentially fouling the wheel arch, they a only a few pound and just clip in place (apparently).

• Like 1

Ah right, I thought they would. That's not a problem. 

Its the TPMS that's the issue here then. I thought it'd be an easier swap. Ah, how about swapping over to the 17" ford alloys? Would those need coding?

Cookey.

Yes, the valves are seperate.

you can fit new valves and swap the sensor over from your current wheels but you would need to do this every time you swapped the wheels, the sensor is fitted to the valve on the inside of the wheels.

Yes, the valves are seperate.

you can fit new valves and swap the sensor over from your current wheels but you would need to do this every time you swapped the wheels, the sensor is fitted to the valve on the inside of the wheels.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club