Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory rear view camera rubbish

rocket_111

What's are other owners like? This one I have the picture is terrible, it works ok and has the bendy guide lines which are spot on, but the picture is awfully blurry. I'm sure the camera is supposed to be clear on the display screen?

Maybe try alchole wipe on the lense could be some wax residue on there

8 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

Maybe try alchole wipe on the lense could be some wax residue on there

Mate at work recons I still had the clear plastic tape cover over it, checked it and cleaned it, still crap..! I would say the resolution is about 480 at best, thought it would be crystal like my GTC had :unsure:.. Oh well, Can you spot my "second mod" I've done to it?

20161020_152700.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocket_111 said:

Mate at work recons I still had the clear plastic tape cover over it, checked it and cleaned it, still crap..! I would say the resolution is about 480 at best, thought it would be crystal like my GTC had :unsure:.. Oh well, Can you spot my "second mod" I've done to it?

20161020_152700.jpg

Is it you fitted a big green bush or turned it into a 5 door snub car and fitted all the running gear under the floor?

My reversing camera is ok, not great but does what it needs to. It is certainly better than what I can see in the mirror at bumper level. 

Haha, near but no cigar I'm afraid..

Maybe the camera is ok then if your is not great either, before I had this titx, I was going to order it as an option on the titanium, so glad I saved me dosh...

2 hours ago, rocket_111 said:

Haha, near but no cigar I'm afraid..

Maybe the camera is ok then if your is not great either, before I had this titx, I was going to order it as an option on the titanium, so glad I saved me dosh...

It's actually one of the major reasons I bought a titx. I have 2 young kids and we always reverse into the drive so I wanted more than reversing sensors. 

While the camera isn't great, it is far better  in good light. I may consider improving my reversing lights to help in low light situations. 

My wife's iX35 is certainly worse so maybe I just think mine is better by comparison. 

I think the camera on my Fiesta does a good job.  The gap I reverse into at night is very dark and the camera sees pretty well.  Still trying to get my head around trusting the sensors and camera though. Not used to trusting things I can't see with my own eyes, so I don't know how long it'll take to be truly comfortable!

Get a pair of Cree/LED hybrid bulbs.

I have some in my car and the reverse light is far brighter.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2016 at 4:18 PM, rocket_111 said:

20161020_152700.jpg

I do like the rear spoiler where did u get it from was it easy to fit, did u have to extend hose or brake light wire???

• Like 1

Hi Mike, Got the spoiler new off eBay a ford dealer clearance (they said it only fits the mk3 :rolleyes:) and has been sat in my garage for over 12 months as it needed painting. Had it painted for £100, excellent job done. Fitting was so easy 3 bolts, 4 phillips screws, and a few push on/in clips. Just the extended water hose was needed, as the brake light wiring plug loom was more than enough to reach the brake light push in..It does look so much better than the stock effort..

• Like 1

I find it actually not too bad considering. When it gets covered in road crap its not so great but even in the dark with standard bulbs its still a real asset.