Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions about Mark 2 1.8 Diesel

Hellboy80

Hi all,

Looking at getting a Mark 2 this evening.

Some questions if thats ok.

1. Does the climate have a 12v socket in the rear? (Where the back seats are)

2. Can I swap the rear lights to the mark 2.5 lights?

3. Do they have the fuel computers in them?

4. How easy is it to wire in a sub? (Are the grommets in the engine bay obvious)

Sure I will have more but thanks for any help given

Hey, welcome here!

1. No, only in front. Wagon may have one in the trunk (not sure if not only mk2.5)

2. Yes, but some wiring adjustment is required

3. If you get one with board computer, yes (you can identify it by looking at side markers lever, if there is control wheel - it has board computer)

4. Don't know...never done this...

Hope this helps ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellboy80 said:

Looking at getting a Mark 2 this evening.

Hi,

The 1.8TDCI focus is an excellent car. Just one proviso I know of: If it is 2008 or early 2009 date, then ask questions about the injectors. There was a bad batch, affected all 1.8TDCIs, but only in that narrow date range.

My 1.8TDCI has done 155k miles, I am pretty sure it is all original engine bits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Hi,

The 1.8TDCI focus is an excellent car. Just one proviso I know of: If it is 2008 or early 2009 date, then ask questions about the injectors. There was a bad batch, affected all 1.8TDCIs, but only in that narrow date range.

My 1.8TDCI has done 155k miles, I am pretty sure it is all original engine bits.

Its the 2006 version

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hellboy80 said:

Its the 2006 version

A pretty good vintagebiggrin.png

Mine is the basic estate, so does not have the high level items. It gets quite a lot of heavy, dirty work, transporting tools, equipment , wood etc. Bit of a workhorse! But it combines plenty of power when needed, with quite good fuel economy, and serves me well.

The wiring diagram is available on this site, and I may be able to advise on wiring mods. Also if Instrument Cluster problems or EGR problems come up, I or others here can help.

Thank you very much.

Need to find a guide to fitting a after market radio and a sub

I have a standard light in mine. I believe but not 100% this houses the alarm sensors. Can I swap this with the map light? What will happen with the sensor.

If this is possible could anyone help me out with a eBay link to the right product. Don't want to buy the wrong one.

Cheers

On 21/10/2016 at 1:05 PM, Hellboy80 said:

I believe but not 100% this houses the alarm sensors. Can I swap this with the map light?

On the wiring diagram, it shows the dome light with the IS (alarm) sensor also had the map lights. There should be a separate 4 pin connector for the IS sensor. The connections for the light are just a two pin connector and an earth wire spade connector.

So first check what connections you car has. I have had a quickish look, but could not find if anyone supplied the map light version with the IS sensor, but I would guess it is standard with the map lights?

PS: I am assuming this for the Mk2 1.8TDCI. Your profile could do with an update. A lot of members use that when answering!

• Like 1

Point taken and changed.

Forgot about that

2 hours ago, Hellboy80 said:

Forgot about that

Easily done, with everything else involved in a change of car. cool.pngsmile.png

• Like 1