Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sandicliffe are a joke

Gavinb

Took my Fiesta in today for its 3 year service.  Firstly, had to argue with the service desk guy that I had booked it in at £288 and not £302, he was quite adamant he was right, eventually he managed to find the right price, but on his print out they were going to charge me £302.

Then on collecting, paid, trying to find car (they gave me the wrong lot number!), service desk guy runs out and tells me that they have voided my transaction, grabs receipt off me and I'm marched back in like I've tried to do a runner!  

It is explained to me that they tried to put a another roll of paper in the machine but his mate pressed reversal by mistake.  I query whether the money will be taken and then refunded in a couple of days; accounts assured me the money would never leave my account.

Get home, only to find that £576 is missing from my available balance. Call back, manager out for afternoon (why are manager always out when a complaint needs to be made?), told by someone that the reversal was voided so I did actually pay the first time.  

So, I've paid twice for a service.  To be fair, they are doing their best to rectify, but I'm £380 down due to their employees incompetence.  Have to say, won't ever be using Sandicliffe again. 

Down right gross incompetence on their part.

If a transaction via debit or credit card has been cancelled by the vendor then they should issue a receipt to that effect for your records. They clearly failed to do this.

They have broken trading standards and banking regs in their actions. Demand compensation from them or report them to your bank for shoddy banking practises.

They did give me a reciept that said 'reversal' on it. It was explained that the money wouldn't leave my account, only they didn't know they had voided the reversal. 

On top of what I've said, they have refunded, I was promised a bank transfer, but then they decided to return the money to my card, so now I have to wait  a few days for the money to return.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club