Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No engine cover help?

Bennnj

Hello, I'm new here, recently just bought my 14 plate fiesta ecoboost zetec s from a dealership and found out today that a spare type wasn't supplied and that I don't have an engine bay cover either?  Are these things they should have supplied? If not we're can I get the cover from?  Thankyou 

IMG_1120.JPG

• Like 1

If there's no tyre then surely in the boot is the emergency inflater ?

spare tyres are now options you usually have to order them when cars built or you can get one of the dealer if your prepared to pay for it but now its just the pump and the tyre sealent in the boot. as for engine cover they dont usually come as standard on the ecoboost but you can purchase one from a dealer at extra cost.

Yes I'm the boot is the emergency Inflater was just checking as this is my first time buying from a dealer needed to know I was being treated fairly thankyou, oh I see anybody have any idea on the costs of the engine cover? 

Hello and welcome Ben

If you use Ford Etis https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Then enter your cars Registration or VIn, this will bring up a list of everything that is fitted to your car when made. So you can check what should be with your car.

47 minutes ago, Bennnj said:

Yes I'm the boot is the emergency Inflater was just checking as this is my first time buying from a dealer needed to know I was being treated fairly thankyou, oh I see anybody have any idea on the costs of the engine cover? 

Space saver spare wheel kit you can get from eBay for £80-100 

cover is about £40 from ford and is from a focus ecoboost, you need 2 pegs for it aswell.

The emergency inflater is full of latex.   Latex has been declared by the Dept of Health to be a dangerous substance and only to be used where absolutely necessary. I cannot use one of these as my wife suffers from the Type 1 Latex Allergy and, if she comes into contact with latex, she goes into anaphylactic shock.   I bought the space-saver tyre.

I seem to remember that someone on here managed to fit a full sized alloy in the boot instead of a space saver - not really sure why all new cars seem to just have the 'tyre in a can' setup. Its also why I have AA relay - saved me loads of time so far, last time was when the front spring snapped on the mk6, no space saver was going to help with that!

Part Numbers

Cover 1806222

Bolts (1 of each) 1683973 + 1780192

• Like 1

the latex tyre inflator won't help if the tyre is badly damaged.

a spacesaver is a bit inconvenient if 300 miles from home at night due to the speed limitation. it' not just the fact the sticker says max 50mph on the wheel, I just would not feel it was safe having a pram wheel on my car.

there's no good substitute for a proper spare of the correct size. Actually the spare in a lot of fiestas is 175/65/14 which is not an absurd skinny spacesaver , but is the full size for base models and all econetic diesels. And in the econetic you get a spare as standard. Not sure why ford think that econetic cars deserve a spare more than the other models. But I have a Econetic so that's good for me. A full size spare as standard , a rare treat these days.

On 21/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, Bennnj said:

No need to lose sleep over engine cover. Works fine without it.

I wasn't losing sleep over it, just in my personal preference the engine looks a lot neater with the cover :)

1 hour ago, Bennnj said:

And thankyou willy where is that cover from?

Ford dealer

Fordpartsuk or Sico-developments

• Like 1