Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tasteful mods

ford focus edge

Hi all, being an 18yr old student i want my foci to look something different but not shout about it! I have already fitted a set of chrome angel eyes (look like focus xeons), USA spec rear led lights, smoothed off wipers, blue brake calipers, de-badged, colour coded running strips and door handles, shark grey leather trim and a VERY loud sound system.

All of these aside i still feel theres alot more i can do to keep my focus subtle but make give it that little extra sparkle. What have you guys done to yours? and does anyone have any ideas i can do to futher enhance mine with out giving it the chav-tastic look.

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Hi all, being an 18yr old student i want my foci to look something different but not shout about it! I have already fitted a set of chrome angel eyes (look like focus xeons), USA spec rear led lights, smoothed off wipers, blue brake calipers, de-badged, colour coded running strips and door handles, shark grey leather trim and a VERY loud sound system.

All of these aside i still feel theres alot more i can do to keep my focus subtle but make give it that little extra sparkle. What have you guys done to yours? and does anyone have any ideas i can do to futher enhance mine with out giving it the chav-tastic look.

Many thanks in advance

Mike

lol its not chav at all if i could upload a photo i would but the file size is to big!! In a nut Shell it looks like a tonic blue st170 with out the front spotlamps and different alloys

lol its not chav at all if i could upload a photo i would but the file size is to big!! In a nut shell it looks like a tonic blue st170 with out the front spotlamps and different alloys

Who said anything about it being chavvy? Or are you saying my rides chavvy? Blimey I must be the oldest chav in England!!!

lmao im not!! misunderstood mate my bad, to used to people saying its chavvy due to the lights :(

lose the system, get some Hpower, thats subtle then, till a chav in a saxo thinks he's faster!!

Piggy :)

lol spent to much on the sound system and sacraficed my door cards for it! it did have a knn but that didnt seem to make any differance just ment i used a tank of fuel in 20miles! how else could i tune it though with out it costing the earth and requiring major work

many thanks

mike

Hi

If you are a student I am guessing that you want to keep you insurance low? If so be careful about doing any type of engine mods. As that may increase your premium.

However What exhaust have you got on the Focus? Don't just change the tailpipe. Put a whole new system on it. Not only will it sound gorgeous but it might even give you a few extra horses!

1.6 zetec-se 16v lol not alot basically. and as far as i no yeah it wasnt done by me, family member who does auto eletrics

Mike

and its the standard exhaust system just got a tip over the end to hide the standard ford straw. I have thought about fitting a full stainles cat-back system to it along with the knn that i removed and im currently saving up for it but worried about the sorta attension that it would attract due to already having 3 bloodey points for doing 75 on a motorway :angry: hence why im stuck for ideas lol

Mike

and its the standard exhaust system just got a tip over the end to hide the standard ford straw. I have thought about fitting a full stainles cat-back system to it along with the knn that i removed and im currently saving up for it but worried about the sorta attension that it would attract due to already having 3 bloodey points for doing 75 on a motorway :angry: hence why im stuck for ideas lol

Mike

A stainless system would be the best for your car.

My puma is a 1.7 and I have put a K&N57i on it and it is nowhere near as noise as I thought that it was going to be. But my friend put another air intake system on his 2.0L Focus and that is very loud!

As yours is a 1.6l and if you stick to K&N I don't think that it will be that noise. and as long as you don't stick K&N stickers all over you car no one should notice it too much.

Thing im going to try get one after crimbo! You got any tips for a make to get as ive just been looking through google and theres hundreds on there argg confused.com lol

Thing im going to try get one after crimbo! You got any tips for a make to get as ive just been looking through google and theres hundreds on there argg confused.com lol

Are we taking exhausts or air intakes? (Sorry I am half asleep tonight!)

I have always liked Janspeed stainless systems on the Focus but they are expensive however you do get what you pay for.

As for air intakes there is K&N, Green and pipecross.

Go onto preformancecentre.co.uk to view these and I would look in the ford magazines for ideas as well.

lose the system, get some Hpower, thats subtle then, till a chav in a saxo thinks he's faster!!

Piggy :)

Keep the system, it can still look tasteful on the outside and truly filthy in the sounds department. How do I know this?? Well here goes. Signature shows the outside.

n540656190_981107_5051.jpg

Keep the system, it can still look tasteful on the outside and truly filthy in the sounds department. How do I know this?? Well here goes. Signature shows the outside.

n540656190_981107_5051.jpg

lmao now thats hardcore!! mines only got the doors done and a set of 6x9's along with a 1400watt amp powering them so it should be producing about 1100w me thinkines. how on earth are u powering that of the battery though for instance, when i turn my heated screen on in the mornings with my wipers the car seems as if its going to die on me, are u running it of a heavy duty battery or something sierra yankee99 because i took my sub out in order to have the system i have now and really really miss it!

cheers mike

lmao now thats hardcore!! mines only got the doors done and a set of 6x9's along with a 1400watt amp powering them so it should be producing about 1100w me thinkines. how on earth are u powering that of the battery though for instance, when i turn my heated screen on in the mornings with my wipers the car seems as if its going to die on me, are u running it of a heavy duty battery or something sierra yankee99 because i took my sub out in order to have the system i have now and really really miss it!

cheers mike

Its running straight from the battery mate. Standard battery with no problems unless its stupidly loud then the headlights flicker a little. But you couldnt sit inside the car when its loud enough to do that. By the way, mines a diesel so its a heavy duty battery anyhow. If you're having issues most uprate to a diesel battery when running a lot of ice.

SierraYankee99 - I'm not a fan of big sound systems shoved into the boots of cars, but that actually looks like someone finished it off professionally!

could i run my little 1.6 pecky of a 1.8 tdci battery or would it not charge properly of the alternator because its not a diesel. Its also not just the ice running of it though its just everything in general in the car. mines got the quickclean screens and heates seats etc so its always struggled if im honest the stero gear just made it alot worse and annoying!

Yeah it'll charge fine. Its only heavy duty and can take more hammer. Yours will use a damn sight less juice from it on startup so it wont take much charging to get it back to charged. Always good to have a startup routine. Make sure ICE, lights, wipers, heated windows are turned off before starting to minimise the pre startup drain on the battery. I'm thinking if you were running what you say you were and having problems you either have a dying battery or the alternators not putting the correct charge back into the battery.

Hi SierraYankee99

I just wanted to say that your sound system in your boot kicks !Removed!!

It is an impressive bit of kit and I can see that you have put a lot of time into it.

Nice one :D

it was cleaned not long back to be honest, living in the country means you clean it drive 500yards down the road and theres f***ing cow !Removed! everywhere drives me mad!

Hi SierraYankee99

I just wanted to say that your sound system in your boot kicks !Removed!!

It is an impressive bit of kit and I can see that you have put a lot of time into it.

Nice one :D

SierraYankee99 - I'm not a fan of big sound systems shoved into the boots of cars, but that actually looks like someone finished it off professionally!

Thanks both