Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7. 5 fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost clutch squeak on biting point or acceleration

Hi,

Having a problem with a squeaking sound coming from what I suspect to be the clutch on my mk7. 5 2013 fiesta. Had the car a couple of months and over the last couple of weeks Ive noticed a short squeaking type sound coming from the clutch when i move off in first gear particularly under load. The car does this through the gears too. After a bit of experimenting I noticed that if I accelerate hard whilst moving and the clutch is fully engaged it still does it too. However once the engine is fully warmed up the car drives as normal and is quiet. Even when the squeak is apparent there is no judder or obvious problems operating the clutch.

When I first got the car the clutch pedal squeaked a bit but a quick spray of silicone wd40 spray cured this. I dont know if this could be related but just thought id mention it.

Ive heard it could be the clutch release bearing. A friend who has a fiat which I appreciate is totally unrelated has a squeaky release bearing and this sounds completely different. I have a extended evans halshaw warranty but to be honest from what ive read since ive had the car i dont trust them.

I had another friend listen to the car with the bonnet up whilst i replicated the noise with the handbrake up. It deffinately seemed to be coming from the clutch area. Ive heard it could be auxiliary belt slipping. I know the timing belt is a wet one and internal on this engine so can rule that out.

Any help or similar stories would be greatly appreciated. Like i said the car drives fine, its just annoying as hell when you live around a lot of hills etc.

Cheers

Craig