Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wheel bearings for a 2008 Titanium with rear drum brakes.

The Joshua Tree

Can someone help us out with which type of rear wheel bearings i need for a 2008 Titanium 1.8 petrol, it has rear drum brakes.

I've been searching around for SKF ones as that's what someone recommended on an earlier thread, i found some on eBay, it says they are for my car if i use the vehicle type chart below but are these ones for rear drums

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-SKF-WHEEL-BEARING-KIT-HUB-REAR-LH-RH-FORD-FOCUS-MK-2-1-4-2-5-2004-/371152806274?hash=item566a6e6182:g:va0AAOSwHjNWA8Mu

It's just i thought drum brakes would use the type that press in and out of the drums rather than these ones with bolts on.

the old mk1 focus had pressed in bearings, on the mk2 it uses bearing/hub assemblies. Get yourself a big hammer too, you might need it to remove the old ones lol 

Thanks for the suggestion Dez

On the drop down menu underneath it says those are not compatible with a 2008 Focus, at that price they'll probably be cheap chinese imports that wouldn't last too long.

there something like them for brake drums types:smile:

From the Focus MK2 onwards the rear wheel hubs are non servicable. The wheel bearings consist of loose ball bearings in a retainer cage that are an integral part of the wheel hub. During production of the wheel hub the axle shaft end is riveted to secure the inner bearing rings onto the axle. The axle can only be removed by destroying it which makes the hub useless because there are no spare parts available.

In case of rear wheel bearing damage the complete wheel hub needs to be replaced.

The Focus MK2 only has 1 type of rear wheel hub which is used for both drum brakes and disc brakes. Because of this converting the rear drum brakes to rear disc brakes is an easy bolt on job.

• Like 1

JW

You've got me interested with the disc conversion, i was about to change the rear shoes, rear drums and wheel bearings. How easy and straight forward is it to change the drums to disc, would any competent garage be able to do this, what would i need for the conversion ? I've had some slight issues with one of the rear drumss sticking on, it's mainy after rain or after i've washed the car and it's not been driven for a day or so, one of the rear wheels can be totally stuck.

20 hours ago, dezwez said:

there something like them for brake drums types:smile:

Not on the mk2 it ain't fella

5 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Not on the mk2 it ain't fella

so it seems just read jw1982 post :smile:

• Like 1

JW

You've got me interested with the disc conversion, i was about to change the rear shoes, rear drums and wheel bearings. How easy and straight forward is it to change the drums to disc, would any competent garage be able to do this, what would i need for the conversion ? I've had some slight issues with one of the rear drumss sticking on, it's mainy after rain or after i've washed the car and it's not been driven for a day or so, one of the rear wheels can be totally stuck.

Some time ago I wrote a guide about converting the rear drum brakes to disc brakes on a Focus MK2/MK2.5. My guide can be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohmuy84xvkq3pz3/Drum brake to Disc brake conversion.pdf?dl=0