Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spent a few hours valeting a VW Fox

Tomson

spent some time today outside, thought I'd do something nice for my father in law, despite his choice in cars...

always been into valeting and I recently bought a new Vax 6131T (1300watt) wash-vax to update my arsenal. The suction on it spot on for getting sand and highly bits up from deep within carpet as long as you agitate slightly with the nozzle. Most vacuums are 600-1000w to meet better efficiency bands but it takes the suction away, so I went hunting for this particular one after reading good reviews on valeting forum. £99 all in with all the attachments, fluids, bags and 24 month warranty.

Cleaned all the plastics and matts with CIF all purpose cleaner, all worked in with detailing brushes to get in the small spaces (trying it out after reading online last week) and I have to say this car has come up like new, it wasn't the worst example I've cleaned but the carpets needed a lot of time as the sand was worked in. - I've found that the CIF has left the plastics looking fresh with a satin shine, perfect, as the greasy shiny look is horrible from some detailing products available.

what stuff do you guys use?

Photo 22-10-2016, 15 37 48.jpg

Photo 22-10-2016, 15 37 58.jpg

95DFD415-8D81-42A2-8A5E-9CF05C8BC3A1.jpg

Nice Job tom

I bought a Henry hoover just for the car. Great range of tools including the all important brush head. Suction is excellent. Long flexible hose is a must.

I use the brush head to hoover the dash and plastics as it gets in to all those airvents like a boss. A 1inch paint brush for the really tight areas, brushing into the hoover nozzel to suck it away as you go.

For plastics I use auto glym dash cleaner. While it gives a nice finish, Matt or full gloss. I prefer matt. Only drawback is do not get it anywhere near driving controls. I is very slippy.

So for that reason alone I am on the look out for something that does not give slip.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joss max said:

Nice Job tom

I bought a Henry hoover just for the car. Great range of tools including the all important brush head. Suction is excellent. Long flexible hose is a must.

I use the brush head to hoover the dash and plastics as it gets in to all those airvents like a boss. A 1inch paint brush for the really tight areas, brushing into the hoover nozzel to suck it away as you go.

For plastics I use auto glym dash cleaner. While it gives a nice finish, Matt or full

So for that reason alone I am on the look out for something that does not give slip.

Try giving CIF a go bud! Let it soak for 15 seconds and start working it in, using a buffing cloth to finish. Should give you the results you're after with zero slip

I'll have to wait until wiffy goes out to erm borrow her supply of CIF lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club