Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7/8 audio loom changes?

andystarks

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help. 

I've got a 2011(61) fiesta Zetec which came from the factory with bluetooth and Voice. I have since fitted the genuine Ford sat nav from a 2014 fiesta titanium. 

The screen looks great; radio works fine; sat nav is spot on. But, Voice no longer works; time doesn't display and bluetooth will let people hear me but I cannot hear them. 

I have tried the system with 2 separate SYNC modules in place of the standard bluetooth module but nothing helps. With a SYNC module plugged in I lose all radio reception (just get a segmented circle spinning). Occasionally it will say say 'SYNC CONNECTION ERROR' but mainly it won't let you access the SYNC menus at all.

I took it to my local Fraud dealership in case it needed activating. They spent 90 minutes with it plugged in to then tell me they can't see the stereo set up at all on the VCM. They did promise to find out if the audio loom changed at anytime in production, although they doubted it had. They never got back to me. 

So, my questions are:-

1) did the audio loom change at anytime between my car being built in 2011 and the sat nav module date of 2014?

2) could this simply be a dodgy sat nav module? I bought the sat nav screen (which contains all the sat nav workings onboard), the fascia panel AND the silver radio/cd box that hides in the centre console from the same person so I know everything is matched between those components. (They were from his Fiesta that got rear-ended and written off) And yet, if I press PHONE it goes to radio and so does AUX. Is this a wiring difference or a fault?

Any advice or guidance would be great. Please, no comments like "go back to the old stereo and use a Tom Tom". Yes, that would be an option but not one I want. I suffer with anxiety and have had portable sat navs die on me suddenly. That's why I have gone to the trouble and expense to try and fit the genuine Ford articles. 

I really hope someone help. If I could just get the Bluetooth and the clock working I'd be so happy. 

Cheers

Andy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club