Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mondeo

chiefjonny

Hi All,

first time poster, just picked up my 65 plate mondeo titanium x 150, love the car and it looks stellar too but am having a wee issue but want to check that im not doing anything stoopid first.

the adapt cruise control will not work and i am getting a warning saying the there is a pre collision assist malmunction, a hill start assist no available and active city stop not available.

Have checked the fuse is OK have read somewhere that the above combination could be a binding brake or a knackered clutch but the car only has 3000 miles on it 

Any ideas??

Take it back to the dealers and complain.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, chiefjonny said:

Hi All,

first time poster, just picked up my 65 plate mondeo titanium x 150, love the car and it looks stellar too but am having a wee issue but want to check that im not doing anything stoopid first.

the adapt cruise control will not work and i am getting a warning saying the there is a pre collision assist malmunction, a hill start assist no available and active city stop not available.

Have checked the fuse is OK have read somewhere that the above combination could be a binding brake or a knackered clutch but the car only has 3000 miles on it 

Any ideas??

Take it straight back buddy, try and take pictures of the issues as and when they show up, too. This way you have something to evidence it as faults don't always log onto the on board computer (current experience of this myself, but with a different issue) and get them to put it right.

• Like 1

+1 for pictures! I had an issue with the car sounding like it was a tractor which the garage couldn't replicate or believe, a video I took of the noise and pictures of the dashboard lights proved it and the car spent 4 weeks in the garage as I refused take it back until they fixed it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turns out that there was a corroded wire to the abs module where it came through the bulkhead, my first thoughts are that it was nipped when built .......they have done a repair and everything working now but I'm not to happy that they did not just replace the the whole section of loom. 

The looms on the mondeo can be problematic, so I've been led to believe. If they go then they really go. I would have been looking for a replacement not repair but they do what they want. I wonder if it was Ford who said Repair or if it was the garage that took that option for ease.

Got a funny feeling it was the garage (Arnold Clark) so I am going to approach ford directly in fact they told me that's all ford would authorise.

Anyways it's all working now .....just for how long 

Arnold Clark, say no more [emoji87]

• Like 1