Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3 Door Mirror Replacement

Bulk

Hi, some !Removed! has decided to smash everyones wing mirrors off whilst I was at work.

Have phoned Ford and they have quoted £230 in parts alone so I am wondering whether it is viable to replace myself.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated...

Basically, everything is wrecked apart from the body coloured cover. 

Im looking at this http://fordwingmirror.co.uk/product_info.php/ford-focus-mk3-01022011-2015-passenger-side-door-wing-mirror-electric-heated-indicator-temp-sensor-primed-puddle-lamp-power-fold-genuine-p-2039 can anyone vouch for this firm or recommend another supplier? 

Also would appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of some sort of guide or information how I go about removing the smashed up assembly and replacing it with the new. Google is not being my friend at the moment. Cheers.

I recently saw a beautiful S4 Audi with the driver side mirror smashed. Nothing was left on the car and the whole item was on the ground. It was yesterday night, Sunday, so you can imagine the surprise the driver got this morning when he went to work. This should not happen and people really need to respect other people's property.

Very unfortunate that this happened to you. I think I would go nuts if someone would do that to my car. 230 pounds in parts without installation? That is a steep price for a mirror. Should you not have this covered by the insurance? My car has items like this covered and my monthly payments will not increase.

Pretty sure it is covered under the insurance but from my experience with insurance companies if you claim you end up paying in the long run. I am seeing that as a last resort. 

I was walking back to my car after work and I walked past at least 5 other cars where the mirrors had been smashed. I just knew mine was going to be one of them as I walked past the carnage of others. All the damage was on the curb side mirrors of all the cars so its obvious some !Removed! has gone along kicking or ripping the mirrors off. Im quite glad I didnt witness whoever done it because in the heat of the moment who knows what might have happened. As it stands it is just material damage. Its going to cost but at least im not worrying about being the wrong end of the law myself. 

1 hour ago, Bulk said:

Pretty sure it is covered under the insurance but from my experience with insurance companies if you claim you end up paying in the long run. I am seeing that as a last resort. 

I was walking back to my car after work and I walked past at least 5 other cars where the mirrors had been smashed. I just knew mine was going to be one of them as I walked past the carnage of others. All the damage was on the curb side mirrors of all the cars so its obvious some !Removed! has gone along kicking or ripping the mirrors off. I'm quite glad I dint witness whoever done it because in the heat of the moment who knows what might have happened. As it stands it is just material damage. Its going to cost but at least im not worrying about being the wrong end of the law myself. 

Honest officer, he looked like he had slipped, all I was trying to do was extract the mirror from his orifice.

No, I don't know why he said I kicked him over and put it there in the first place. Maybe they banged their head.

I had a wing mirror kicked off my Mk1.5, wasn't a happy chappie. However once I had the interior door frame cover off. It was a about 3 screws and the assembly was free to remove. Mine was an old cabled, internal adjuster. If yours is electric it will be simpler, with the addition of a wiring connector to disconnect.

Aye, I decided to tidy it up a bit because I didnt like the look of wires loose and I ended up managing to take the whole thing off. I am assuming fitting a new one would just be a case of whacking it in and putting the screws and connector back in.

The question I have now is where to get the parts from. Any ideas?