Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus coolant leak

Richard2k84

Hi

Just thought I would post this as I have recently had a leak in my coolant system. The leak was on the inside of the car with the pipes going to the heater matrix.

I spoke to ford as all that was wrong is a o ring had seen better days and gave up. Apparently Ford do not sell the o ring and I needed to buy a new heater matrix (about £180). Thats a lot of money for a old o ring. So I have found out the size of the o ring needed to fix the issue is 18mm(inside diameter) by 2mm thick. You can search online for them (not sure if I can say were i got them from on this site) for a few quid. 

Absolute pig of a job as the pipes are up by the clutch pedal, but it can be done at home with a mirror a light. I had it sorted in about a hour, but it took longer to dry the car out as it leaks into the footwell

Good luck, and hope this helps

Cheers

Rich

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Richard2k84 said:

Hi

Just thought I would post this as I have recently had a leak in my coolant system. The leak was on the inside of the car with the pipes going to the heater matrix.

I spoke to ford as all that was wrong is a o ring had seen better days and gave up. Apparently Ford do not sell the o ring and I needed to buy a new heater matrix (about £180). Thats a lot of money for a old o ring. So I have found out the size of the o ring needed to fix the issue is 18mm(inside diameter) by 2mm thick. You can search online for them (not sure if I can say were i got them from on this site) for a few quid. 

Absolute pig of a job as the pipes are up by the clutch pedal, but it can be done at home with a mirror a light. I had it sorted in about a hour, but it took longer to dry the car out as it leaks into the footwell

Good luck, and hope this helps

Cheers

Rich

Im sure ypur post will come in handy for someone. Dealerships seem to think we are made of money