Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Servicing/Gap Cover

PistolPete

Evening lads, just wondered how many of you had taken out service plans when you purchased your new Fiestas?

I'm specifically asking about 2008 onwards as the prices will be more relevant. My questions are:

1. Do you recommend it/is it good value?
  2. How much can I expect to pay?
  3. Does anyone recommend/have Gap Insurance Cover?

I know 2nd question my dealer could answer, but I have him tortured with questions!

I obviously want to keep my Fiesta as well maintained as possible and have Ford and only Ford take care of it for services but not if it's horrendously expensive!

Thanks troops, at ease.

Peter

IMO service plans aren't worth it purely because you may decide to change the car before you've had the full value of the 3 services, for example.

GAP plans definitely should not be purchased form the dealership. Check your insurance policies for "new for old replacement" (which most will cover in the event of a 'total loss' during the first year anyway), and shop around for other GAP deals. You will definitely get better value for money than buying from the dealer.

:)

IMO service plans aren't worth it purely because you may decide to change the car before you've had the full value of the 3 services, for example.

GAP plans definitely should not be purchased form the dealership. Check your insurance policies for "new for old replacement" (which most will cover in the event of a 'total loss' during the first year anyway), and shop around for other GAP deals. You will definitely get better value for money than buying from the dealer.

You see FMC, I had not even heard of GAP Insurance deals until the dealer mentioned it so to me it sounded good! But that's been a helpful insight you've given me B)

So do you not really base much value on getting the car serviced by Ford? I'd have thought this looks much better having a Ford Serviced dealer stamp than an independent garage...

Perhaps only take out a one year plan? Or just get it done as it needs it?

Thank you,

Peter

We have already had the debate about GAP insurance on the forum. Yes its possible to get it cheaply from online companies that you have never heard of before. But, GAP (in my experience) was the easiest thing to barter on at the dealership!

My salesman mentioned it, offered it for £300, told him I would have to look into it properly as I had never heard of it before. Then he must of thought I wasnt interested so offered it for a ton! Proper Black Horse GAP insurance for £100, thats about as good as you will get online, but a solid product from a good name. Needless to say I took up the offer!

Salesplans are a no brainer if you are keeping the car for over three years. Not sure how much I paid for mine in the end but I did the maths and it definitely made a good saving. Plus then at least you know for sure that you will have a service schedule full of official ford stamps in 3 years time, no matter what.

Personally I strongly recommend everything is kept 100% official Ford for at least the first 3 years. Plus it will get you a good few hundred quid off your next car if they know you are properly loyal to their dealership

Can't even remember what type of GAP cover i have, but its something they offered me when I was buying the car. Also got the tyre cover, a waste of £175 I think - Ford garages fix punctures for free anyway.

Just been talking about GAP insurance on that new consumer [rip off] program on BBC. The lass bought a little KIA, looks like she bought it new. I was not really watching the program, but I heard the boyfriend saying he was horrified to see they had stuffed her up to the tune of £900, he found it on line at over £700 cheaper. Basically as you say, bought at a dealer, unless you haggle it down.......you will be stuffed

I just bought GAP cover for my new car online. Was £94 for two years on "Return to invoice cover", also got £22.50 cashback from Quidco essentially making the cover £71.50. Far less than the £396 the dealer quoted!!! B)

EDIT: website i used was click4gap.co.uk & they're regulated by the FSA so aren't going to do a runner once you've paid!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club