Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED footwell lights

Niickm93

I'm trying to fit some LED's into the front foot wells, I've run the cable between them I'm just stuck trying to wire it into the courtesy light,

can someone help me with where the wires go and how to do it thanks IMG_0610.JPG

this is the wiring in the courtesy light 

You need to wire to one of the wires on the double socket.

Can't recall which one tbh.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Blue wire on the double socket is live and black one at the single connector is earth.

The other wire on the double socket is for switching the light on from the battery supply only.

Sent from my SM-G930F

So am I right in thinking I need to wire the red wire from the LED to the blue wire on the double socket somehow? 

And what about the black wire from the LED's? 

10 minutes ago, Niickm93 said:

So am I right in thinking I need to wire the red wire from the LED to the blue wire on the double socket somehow? 

And what about the black wire from the LED's? 

You may like to fit an illuminated ignition ring it also makes the footwell light install a bit easier 

link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1 

• Like 1

There is a bulb in the drivers side only, would it be possible to wire it from this so that the passenger side has the LED's too?  If so how would I do that 

7 minutes ago, Niickm93 said:

There is a bulb in the drivers side only, would it be possible to wire it from this so that the passenger side has the LED's too?  If so how would I do that 

If you have a bulb on one side you should have the bulb holder on the other side as well. Unless Ford have really started penny pinching.

• Like 1