26 replies to this topic

#1 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hi everyone, hope your all well and cars are behaving!!! ive been getting phone calls from my dealership for the last month saying I need to book my service, ive left it until now as I got the car a year ago next week and its only done 7k miles, so been holding out as long as possible, anyway ive been quoted 162 for it, which I think is a lot for a first service, speaking to someone at work who used same dealer for the cmax and they only paid 135 for a service MOT and 20 back in sainsburys vouchers. What price have you been quoted (obviously those who have needed to have one already) and also what level of service do I need ie Minor or Major Cheers x

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka 2008 Style Climate 1.3
Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

Paid 130 for the first service of my '08 reg Ka. 1st service is usually just a minor.

#3 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

my dealer just sent me a letter saying my first services is due i will give them a call and post back my results :)

#4 ASHMAN

ASHMAN

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 ford fiesta zetec s

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hi everyone, hope your all well and cars are behaving!!! ive been getting phone calls from my dealership for the last month saying I need to book my service, ive left it until now as I got the car a year ago next week and its only done 7k miles, so been holding out as long as possible, anyway ive been quoted 162 for it, which I think is a lot for a first service, speaking to someone at work who used same dealer for the cmax and they only paid 135 for a service MOT and 20 back in sainsburys vouchers. What price have you been quoted (obviously those who have needed to have one already) and also what level of service do I need ie Minor or Major Cheers x

Hi ,I paid 97.00. first service all in with vat, at Rufus carr of Clitheroe, excellent service there. :D

#5 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

I had mine done this week for 150. A bit expensive for what it really is, i guess. The car has done 10000 miles.

#6 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Just so ya'll know, so long as a garage does what is needed, uses genuine Ford parts (motorcraft) and is VAT registered, they dont have to be a Ford registered garage to do the service and you will not have problems with your warrantee :)

Be cheaper! Minor service should be no more than 50quid to be honest, esp on a young car.

They are checking around the vehicle...mmm gona be a lot wrong there...change oil and filter (cost about a tenner in parts), top up any fluids (maybe a quid there) and clean ya windscreen, 20minutes, 150quid, great! (for them!)

Piggy :)

#7 60+

60+

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta 1.25 zetec

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

my car has just had it's first service at hill's ford and the total cost was 193.45. this is how it breaksdown,
labour 92.31
total parts 75.40
sub-total 168.21
vat 25.24
total 193.45
this includes 19.99 for a fuel optimiser & emissions service and 4.50 environmental disposal charge.

#8 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

my car has just had it's first service at hill's ford and the total cost was 193.45. this is how it breaksdown,
labour 92.31
total parts 75.40
sub-total 168.21
vat 25.24
total 193.45
this includes 19.99 for a fuel optimiser & emissions service and 4.50 environmental disposal charge.

Ridiculous isn't it? Independent garages don't even charge for the emissions thing and environmental disposal charge.

#9 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

labour 92.31
total parts 75.40
sub-total 168.21
vat 25.24
total 193.45

!Removed! hell 60+!!!!

I got an official Ford dealership 3 year service plan for 300! That includes the first service (minor), second service (major), and third service (minor). I think it also includes the first MOT but I'm not sure. They originally wanted 400 for the plan but I obviously haggled it down (might as well give it a go lol! nothing to lose!)

If they charged you damn near 200 for a minor service how much will they charge you for a major? 400?

The first service is definitely a minor, and if there is no other work to be done then the only parts used are an oil filter (about a tenner) and a pollen filter (again, about a tenner). Also a gallon of oil (10-15) and a few ounces of coolant and maybe some other fluids

Someone was asking in another thread about service plans so now we know they are good value lol

To put into perspective, a good quality, reputable independant garage charge around 120 for a major service

#10 corsic-ar07

corsic-ar07

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 MK 7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

I was lucky as the garage serviced mine before I got it as it was a year old in October! :-)

#11 sussex

sussex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

Mine was just shy of 200

#12 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

Just so ya'll know, so long as a garage does what is needed, uses genuine Ford parts (motorcraft) and is VAT registered, they dont have to be a Ford registered garage to do the service and you will not have problems with your warrantee :)

Be cheaper! Minor service should be no more than 50quid to be honest, esp on a young car.

They are checking around the vehicle...mmm gona be a lot wrong there...change oil and filter (cost about a tenner in parts), top up any fluids (maybe a quid there) and clean ya windscreen, 20minutes, 150quid, great! (for them!)

Piggy :)

What you're paying for is the dealer stamp in your logbook, and the visual body inspection which keeps the 6 year perforation warranty valid. The dealer should do two stamps - one for the service, and one for the visual body check.

#13 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

I paid 147 for my 12.5k service, done at Fords Evans Halshaw in July.
Mine will be due its 25k service around Xmas/New year :P anyone know if the price is dramatically more?

#14 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

I dont believe the first minor service includes a body check tho does it?!

You still geta stamp from an independant garage for the service.

I been there, seen both sides, if I went to buy a car with all dealership stamps, i would walk away knowing the garage cant give a rats toenail about the car, but if i see independant garages, i know that they care.

The dodgy garages dont have stamps with the VAT code on it...so that rules them out!

Still rediculous, i mean seriously, nearly a fiver for 'enviromental disposal' what a joke! <_<

and SEVENTY FIVE QUID parts, wow!

I am honestly shocked, i know that for Ford, an oil and pollen filter and engine oil probably will cost them less profit a 15 quid, TOPS!

Man the prices we pay eh! :rolleyes:

#15 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

I paid 147 for my 12.5k service, done at Fords Evans Halshaw in July.
Mine will be due its 25k service around Xmas/New year :P anyone know if the price is dramatically more?

Its just about the same cost ,although you will have to dial in around 40 extra for a brake fluid change,which is recommended on a 2nd service/25k service

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users