Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st service due and cost involved

MichellefromEssex

Hi everyone, hope your all well and cars are behaving!!! ive been getting phone calls from my dealership for the last month saying I need to book my service, ive left it until now as I got the car a year ago next week and its only done 7k miles, so been holding out as long as possible, anyway ive been quoted £162 for it, which I think is a lot for a first service, speaking to someone at work who used same dealer for the cmax and they only paid £135 for a service MOT and £20 back in sainsburys vouchers. What price have you been quoted (obviously those who have needed to have one already) and also what level of service do I need ie Minor or Major Cheers x

my dealer just sent me a letter saying my first services is due i will give them a call and post back my results :)

Hi everyone, hope your all well and cars are behaving!!! ive been getting phone calls from my dealership for the last month saying I need to book my service, ive left it until now as I got the car a year ago next week and its only done 7k miles, so been holding out as long as possible, anyway ive been quoted £162 for it, which I think is a lot for a first service, speaking to someone at work who used same dealer for the cmax and they only paid £135 for a service MOT and £20 back in sainsburys vouchers. What price have you been quoted (obviously those who have needed to have one already) and also what level of service do I need ie Minor or Major Cheers x

Hi ,I paid £97.00. first service all in with vat, at Rufus carr of Clitheroe, excellent service there. :D

Just so ya'll know, so long as a garage does what is needed, uses genuine Ford parts (motorcraft) and is VAT registered, they dont have to be a Ford registered garage to do the service and you will not have problems with your warrantee :)

Be cheaper! Minor service should be no more than 50quid to be honest, esp on a young car.

They are checking around the vehicle...mmm gona be a lot wrong there...change oil and filter (cost about a tenner in parts), top up any fluids (maybe a quid there) and clean ya windscreen, 20minutes, 150quid, great! (for them!)

Piggy :)

my car has just had it's first service at hill's ford and the total cost was £193.45. this is how it breaksdown,

labour £92.31

total parts £75.40

sub-total £168.21

vat £25.24

total £193.45

this includes £19.99 for a fuel optimiser & emissions service and £4.50 environmental disposal charge.

my car has just had it's first service at hill's ford and the total cost was £193.45. this is how it breaksdown,

labour £92.31

total parts £75.40

sub-total £168.21

vat £25.24

total £193.45

this includes £19.99 for a fuel optimiser & emissions service and £4.50 environmental disposal charge.

Ridiculous isn't it? Independent garages don't even charge for the emissions thing and environmental disposal charge.

labour £92.31

total parts £75.40

sub-total £168.21

vat £25.24

total £193.45

!Removed! hell 60+!!!!

I got an official Ford dealership 3 year service plan for £300! That includes the first service (minor), second service (major), and third service (minor). I think it also includes the first MOT but I'm not sure. They originally wanted £400 for the plan but I obviously haggled it down (might as well give it a go lol! nothing to lose!)

If they charged you damn near £200 for a minor service how much will they charge you for a major? £400?

The first service is definitely a minor, and if there is no other work to be done then the only parts used are an oil filter (about a tenner) and a pollen filter (again, about a tenner). Also a gallon of oil (£10-£15) and a few ounces of coolant and maybe some other fluids

Someone was asking in another thread about service plans so now we know they are good value lol

To put into perspective, a good quality, reputable independant garage charge around £120 for a major service

Just so ya'll know, so long as a garage does what is needed, uses genuine Ford parts (motorcraft) and is VAT registered, they dont have to be a Ford registered garage to do the service and you will not have problems with your warrantee :)

Be cheaper! Minor service should be no more than 50quid to be honest, esp on a young car.

They are checking around the vehicle...mmm gona be a lot wrong there...change oil and filter (cost about a tenner in parts), top up any fluids (maybe a quid there) and clean ya windscreen, 20minutes, 150quid, great! (for them!)

Piggy :)

What you're paying for is the dealer stamp in your logbook, and the visual body inspection which keeps the 6 year perforation warranty valid. The dealer should do two stamps - one for the service, and one for the visual body check.

I paid £147 for my 12.5k service, done at Fords Evans Halshaw in July.

Mine will be due its 25k service around Xmas/New year :P anyone know if the price is dramatically more?

I dont believe the first minor service includes a body check tho does it?!

You still geta stamp from an independant garage for the service.

I been there, seen both sides, if I went to buy a car with all dealership stamps, i would walk away knowing the garage cant give a rats toenail about the car, but if i see independant garages, i know that they care.

The dodgy garages dont have stamps with the VAT code on it...so that rules them out!

Still rediculous, i mean seriously, nearly a fiver for 'enviromental disposal' what a joke! <_<

and SEVENTY FIVE QUID parts, wow!

I am honestly shocked, i know that for Ford, an oil and pollen filter and engine oil probably will cost them less profit a 15 quid, TOPS!

Man the prices we pay eh! :rolleyes:

I paid £147 for my 12.5k service, done at Fords Evans Halshaw in July.

Mine will be due its 25k service around Xmas/New year :P anyone know if the price is dramatically more?

Its just about the same cost ,although you will have to dial in around £40 extra for a brake fluid change,which is recommended on a 2nd service/25k service

Hi

£160 sounds about right for your Fiesta.

For £135 you will find that the C-Max service was just a minor one. For A major service for a C-Max you are talking over £200. So that car has had the same things done to it as yours. The dealership might just be doing a special offer on MOT`s.

The service plans / packs are good value if you can get one. Speak to your dealership when you book your car in. They normally only offer them when you buy a car but it will not hurt it try.

A tip I picked up last year from my local Ford dealership,Ist phone their parts dept and ask the price of oil,and filter possible pollen filter.

When you phone for a price for the service don't mention 1st service but ask for an Interim service for a Fiesta.

Let them give you the price, book time for service,then query their hourly rate, and price of materials used for the job.

They will cough and splutter when you ask for the break down, you will be able to do the sums in your head,then ask them why so much of a difference,normally they come up with a BS answer about the price charged to the workshop for materials blah blah blah.

Then zap them with the .......ok I'll pay the going labour rate and supply my own parts, they can't refuse.

It worked with my daughters Mk7 old shape Fiesta last year, she phoned our local main dealer and got a quote of £173 :angry:

I rung 2 days later, and using the above, whack £98....... I supplied material inc Pollen filter.......result

Since done the same with my wife's S-Max.

Gotta be worth the call !!!!

Well its booked in for a week sunday, I phoned them this morning and said I wasnt happy with £162 and I mentioned my friends Cmax and apparently that was cheaper because its over 3 years and they were doing a special MOT/Service price. I told her that Johnny Mac had paid £125 at Erith (which is within 20 mins from me too) and with that she dropped the price with them to £125 I was amazed she knocked £40 off just like that ha ha.e

I wanted to stick with Ford service because of having it on the options plan I wasnt sure werether I had to or not.

I dont want to sign up to any plans either, as I aint sure how long we will keep the car - we did plan on keeping her forever and ever after having the mountune upgrade, but I know how bored we get with our cars ha ha.

Cheers for you replies x

Its just about the same cost ,although you will have to dial in around £40 extra for a brake fluid change,which is recommended on a 2nd service/25k service

Oh right, thanks :D

Better ask Santa then hadn't I.. :lol::unsure:

Hey michelle, well done on getting it booked in at Erith, it is stupid how they charge so much for a stamp in you book really and a bit of work.

They offer a good service, and kirk in the showroom is a quality guy who sold me my car at evans but he now works for smc.

Ive booked mine in for next year already at the same price so it cant go up which isnt bad.

Hope Your well!

Well it definitely should - it's a yearly check, so you should get a stamp separate to each service. Not doing this invalidates the perforation warranty. If you missed one of these checks and haven't got the corresponding stamp(s) in your logbook, Ford won't be interested in doing any repairs under the perforation warranty. At my first service I explicitly made sure they stamped it for both the service and body check.

I have just had my 1st service done for £99.50 at dealer near by who has big servicing centre that does a number of makes. My supplying dealer wanted £225 :blink:

Johnny, I didnt book it at Erith, I just used Erith and your price to prove it can be cheaper elsewhere, she then knocked her price down to match. I am booked in at Rayleigh next Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the heads up about the bodywork check, will make sure I get both stamps in the book.

Hard to believe ive had my babe a year now - although only really getting to enjoy her fully the last month after the amount of hassle I had with the mountune upgrade.

You still geta stamp from an independant garage for the service.

I been there, seen both sides, if I went to buy a car with all dealership stamps, i would walk away knowing the garage cant give a rats toenail about the car, but if i see independant garages, i know that they care.

The dodgy garages dont have stamps with the VAT code on it...so that rules them out!

Still rediculous, i mean seriously, nearly a fiver for 'enviromental disposal' what a joke! <_<

and SEVENTY FIVE QUID parts, wow!

I am honestly shocked, i know that for Ford, an oil and pollen filter and engine oil probably will cost them less profit a 15 quid, TOPS!

Man the prices we pay eh! :rolleyes:

when i collected my car the receptionist started to fill in the body check box in the service book and had to tipex it out, she told me that it was an extra £9.99 to have it done ,i suppose i had better get it done if it invalidates the warranty, what an expensive service , i wouldn't mind but it's only done 4200 miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club