Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Forscan tell you when car last did a DPF Regen?

bigup

on a Focus 1.6 tdci 2010

does it also state the actual schedule it does it on too? i.e x amount of miles

Thanks

Yeah it tells you distance since last regen.

There is no schedule, regen frequency depends on many factors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah it tells you distance since last regen.

There is no schedule, regen frequency depends on many factors.

Excellent, thanks

ordered the modified USB ELM adapter, looking forward to trying it out

It does tell you the distance since last regeneration what it doesn't tell you is if it was a complete regeneration, I.e if it completed or failed.

The only way to know what is going on for sure is to recognise the signs when the car is doing a DPF regeneration.

MPG should drop more drastically during one and some smoke should be visible from the exhaust, the cooling fan will be on to cool the engine and sometimes you get some hesitation whilst driving during a Regen and you should be able to smell it happening too.

I realise this depends on people taking notice of the car which a lot of people don't do, most people just get in a car and drive it, they don't listen or feel for anything wrong or listen for unusual noises etc.

Listening to your car and understanding it's foibles can help a lot in the long run, you should always listen to your car from time to time, especially at low speed along a road with walls/buildings either side and it will bounce and noise back at you.

• Like 2

Got my modified ELM327 usb cable today

connected it up to Forscan 2.3.4 beta and my Mk2.5 Focus 1.6tdci 2010 and i cannot find any distance to regen values, only dpf temp and pressure difference (i think)

i tried elmconfig too but was not there. any ideas?

on a plus note, i have enabled auto door lock when car moves using the cable :)

1 hour ago, bigup said:

connected it up to Forscan 2.3.4 beta and my Mk2.5 Focus 1.6tdci 2010 and i cannot find any distance to regen values,

Odd.

There should be entries for DIST_REGEN & DIS_ASHFUL.

In the list of found modules, does it include FACM?

(Fuel Additive Control Module) It should be on the main HS-CAN bus, and appear with the rest, like pcm, ABS, IC.

Also, try monitoring the DPF DP signal. If that is very low, and FACM is not reported, that would suggest your car has been "modified" at some time. Have you ever noticed a regen?

• Like 1

I do wonder how exactly the dpf is mapped out. Are the PID's still present in the ECU but inactive or are they removed from the ECU coding, in other words a remapped car may not offer those PID'S as they are no longer there.

In fact I think yours has probably been gutted and mapped out. Hence the missing PID'S in your case.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

i searched for dist on each module, read and control to no avail 

il take some screenshots tonight from forscan 

i have the static regen procedure option but not clicked on it .

ive only had the car 2 weeks but not noticed any regens, I even went on a 25 min motorway run the other night but didn't notice any regens 

Hi bigup,

I also have a Mk2.5 2010 1.6 TDCI and have exactly the same issue. There aren't any of those options which others seem to have!

It has been suggested that we should have the latest DPF with the ceramic coating, which means we won't have a fuel additive tank/module as it's not needed.

Maybe we don't get all of these additional readings? Would be great if someone could actually confirm that...but I'm pleased I'm not the only one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmm, interesting that you've both got newer models with the cDPF.

On the older additive DPF it was so poor at it's job there was a failsafe mileage between regens, so no more than 500 miles (iirc) between regens.  If this wasn't necessary for the more efficient cDPF I suppose that may not be there at all. 

However, I'm surprised you don't have an 'ashful' PID, as that would still apply.

FACM is still present in FORScan on a mapped DV6 that originally came with one.  Not sure about the other PIDs though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, A_Jobson said:

Hi bigup,

I also have a Mk2.5 2010 1.6 TDCI and have exactly the same issue. There aren't any of those options which others seem to have!

It has been suggested that we should have the latest DPF with the ceramic coating, which means we won't have a fuel additive tank/module as it's not needed.

Maybe we don't get all of these additional readings? Would be great if someone could actually confirm that...but I'm pleased I'm not the only one :)

Good to hear I'm not the only one :) 

Have you ever heard/seen your car do a regen ? 

Hi TomsFocus/bigup,

That's interesting to know, as that could be the reason for it missing on ours.

I think myself and bigup should post screenshots to show what we can see?

As for the regens...I've noticed many haha! Best thing to look out for, when idling, if the current mpg reading is 0.2 and the engine sounds slightly deeper, then it's doing a regen. Otherwise it's much more difficult to tell when driving along, apart from the odd judder when revs are high but speed is maintained, especially when in a lower gear at 3K revs.

Also, as mentioned the fans will be full on making plenty noise, so you'll hear that if standing outside the car or when you pull up. If that's the case, best not to cut the engine until mpg reading returns to 0.1.

Mine seems to like doing regens when at 1/4 of a tank, might be a trigger point?

• Like 1

Sorry about that, the page didn't refresh on my phone before making my post.

Hmm it could be the same reason. I wonder if we contacted Forscan, if they'd be able to provide the answer?

have a look and compare your PID's for the PCM list on mine here in this video.

I find it odd that the newer type still as Tom says does not have a distance to ash full PID.

Sorry about the noise of me breathing and moving around, never thought to mute the audio lol put some crappy free music track on it thanks to YouTube.

• Like 1