Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin OBD2 Mk 5 Mondeo

chiefjonny

OK, so now that I have big Bertha back its time for the bluefin upgrade, I have the bluefin ready to go but am not sure where the obd port is .....Any ideas!!!

20161008_133651.jpg

What details do you have about the bluefin? Reasonable price? Interested to know the outcome and your thoughts if you have any time to share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't remember if it's behind a panel or a small compartment on the right. Only been 5 weeks since I left ford and can't visualise the dash.lol

It's under the lip of the dash right hand side behind a rubber cover. No compartment or panel to search around. Just had a look at bluefin for my car and not sure if there is a misprint as it says 1.6ecoboost 160ps, mine is a 1.5ecoboost 160ps. If it is suitable then it will increase power by 39bhp and 59nm so just under 200ps would be nice!

• Like 1

Installed it and all I can say is do it, plug into OBD port follow instructions to the letter upload your current settings to bluefin then download software on the PC.

Next step is plug the bluefin into PC and connect bluefin on the software, your map is then uploaded to superchips, they turn it around almost immediately if there is and available map for your exact model, if not they look at it on a case by case basis and send it back to you, my map took 24 hours which considering it was the weekend when I uploaded I thought that was decent.

Next step was to plug bluefin into PC to recieve  my new map and as far as I can gather the original and the new map is stored on the bluefin so you can swap it back if you need to i.e. when it goes back to dealer.

Plug into car and follow instructions on screen .....well what can I say the 150 mondo now has an amazing difference in acceleration  especially 2nd and 3rd the car also sounds different too ....in a good way.

Superchips claim a 52bhp increase and the torque at about 100nm,  I would be slightly sceptical of those claims but whatever it is,  its addictive and I'll be replacing tyres before long.

I'll keep you posted about fuel consumption in the coming weeks but if you by from demon tweeks they throw in a free K and N panel filter for 276 plus vat.

Not had a chance to fit that yet

On 29/10/2016 at 0:06 AM, Jonro2009 said:

What details do you have about the bluefin? Reasonable price? Interested to know the outcome and your thoughts if you have any time to share

See below buddy 

Thats not a bad price Jonny, great review too. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Update

Pretty good so far mpg is roughly the same but i have been testing it, I have to put car back into garage for a repair soon on the load cover so had to dowgrade it again for  test, this got interesting but the guys at superchips are very helpful, plugged into car the bluefin recognised that it was the bluefin was installed followed the instructions on screen and the device asked if wanted to install the original, pressed yes made myself a cuppa and sat back in the car.....well half way through the device refused to upload the original map and there were numerous lights on the dash, calmed myself down a bit and followed instructions on screen and the second time it worked but if im being honest i definately caked the boxer shorts for a bit!!!!

A full day of driving later all I wanted to do was put the chips map back in because the car is definately a different beast without it. I was slightly hesitant but it worked before so made myself another cuppa and got down to do it, worked first time and the chips map is back on with no issues, had a good chat with the chips guys and they would like to do a teleconference with me before i downgrade the next time so they can analyse very last detail of what happenned during the failure.

All in all a wee bit of a fright thinking I had mashed the ECU but the aftercare with superchips is excellent so I have no worries they thanks to Mike and Graeme at superchips for calming me down and for the time spent so far .

• Like 2

You can't beat superchips for customer service and properly tested products had mine for a far few years now, better performance and under normal driving better mpg, drops a bit if you boot it of course but not as much as a standard set up does

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pragmatix said:

You can't beat superchips for customer service and properly tested products had mine for a far few years now, better performance and under normal driving better mpg, drops a bit if you boot it of course but not as much as a standard set up does

totally agree when you boot the standard the mpg goes way further down than the chips map