Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 tdci DPF woes

rg1642

Due to being a !Removed! and looking for the non existant pump in the tank anger and frustration at the car has left me with a large bill! Whilst trying to get to the tank I binned the exhaust & broke the DPF. So bought and fitted new exhaust & DPF. All pattern stuff. Had problems with the two pipes to the DPF so renewed them too. Cleared the DPF learned values with Forescan. Off I drive but after 2 stops I get the EML on and a code P2002 DPF below effeciency level. Cleared codes but back it came after 2 stops again. Took it for a long run down the A14 / A11 for half and hour at 70 MPH to see if it regenerated but still the EML and P2002. On each occasion I get 2 x P2002 stored and 1 x P2002 pending. When cleared the car runs like a dream. Is the sensor faulty?

have you got the pipes on the right way round?

• Like 1

I did wonder that. There was a bigger and smaller pipe and I am pretty sure I replaced them like for like, but, LOL, you never know!!! I tend to forget where I've put a spanner after 3 seconds. Would there be an instant change if I changed them round? :)

21 hours ago, iantt said:

have you got the pipes on the right way round?

You must think your dealing with the original Norfolk village idiot buddy. LOL It would seem I had not!!!! Switched them over and went out for a 7 mile spin, no fault codes.

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Me three, I have made some momentous cockerel up's in my time working on my cars, but that makes it all the more interesting lol

Oh come on FOC admin, !Removed! as in a cockerel is not a swear work for goodness sake.

• Like 2

I too (being in my mid 50s ) have made many mistakes over the years. But these days we have digital cameras and phones with cameras on, so it is easy to take photos before you dismantle, just in case . When i was younger you would have to wait to get your film developed so we didn't take photos, sometimes drew a diagram on a tatty oily bit of paper which then got lost or blew away down the street. ah... those were the days... 

• Like 2

Yaeh I regularly say to myself, 'take a pic of that first', then forget, then curse. LOL

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club