Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater control valve blown up...StreetKa

SzabiKa

Yesterday afternoon we were driving home when one of the joint of the heater control valve broken off and I lost all engine coolant. AA fixed it , the guy bypassed the heater and connected the two tubes together. I think may be overpressure in the system... 

I noticed some coolant loss in the past week, but in the same time was showing some sign of leakage at the front end, tinny puddle under the car. I was hoping just some hose leaking but after last night explosion , I have a feeling it is going to be head gasket.... oh dear, oh dear. 

Any idea? 

replace the heater control valve and re pressure the system.

it's not a hard job to do and its not expensive.

you said the aa sorted it yesturday afternoon to get you home then

you said you had an explosion last night.

what was the explosion or you getting carried away or confused and why say the head gasket is gone when it's the heater control valve thats gone.

your very confusing

7 minutes ago, delboy said:

replace the heater control valve and re pressure the system.

it's not a hard job to do and its not expensive.

you said the aa sorted it yesturday afternoon to get you home then

you said you had an explosion last night.

what was the explosion or you getting carried away or confused and why say the head gasket is gone when it's the heater control valve thats gone.

your very confusing

Ok, my bad, try to multitasking, while girlfriend talking to me.

Heater control valve exploded. No other explosion. But, it shouldn't explode, shouldn't it? Also I noticed small cracks around the cap when you fill up the coolant. For me this means too much pressure in cooling system... 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sorted, I had a broken thermostat, which one didn't open, thats cause the over pressure in the system. Waiting for new header tank and heat control valve. Strange the overheating light didn't came on.... 

Anyone changed ever the bulb in the warning lights in the dash? My engine warning light and the low beam light's (the high beam one working) signal didn't working on the dash.....

• 4 weeks later...

Only hot air - Climax madness returned....

I think it is going to be the heater control knob. When I put it on full cold, it blows only burning hot. When I take two clicks back, it starts to cool down. When the knob on the middle , it is medium warm again. I am going to check the voltage on the heater control valve over the weekend. 

Also I need some help with the A/C. I taken it today to the service for refilling the gas in the system. They called me up 40 minutes later, the compressor isn't start and can be so many thing, they don't have a time at the moment. They pressure tested the system, it doesn't leak. The guy was saying new compressor costs £300-350. May be I should check out the relay first... any idea where is the air con relay?

Cheers