Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED headlights

Marcwain

Hi

Does any one have the LED upgrade? All the literature says it comes with tracer indicators, yet ours doesn't seem to. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

I have led upgrade lights and do you mean indicator led Chase like the new Audi ? Mine don't either ? I would be interested to know what the auto high beam setting lh / rh traffic actually means ? Is the side I am on ? Or incoming traffic ?

Mine has the LED upgrade (adaptive headlights?) 

Maybe it's only the US Edges that have the Audi style indicators? 

Regarding the auto high beam function, I've noticed that the blue light on the dash illuminates for high beam, but the actual beam stays on dipped.

The Auto High beam works a treat.

Push the stalk back to put on High beam, - the blue indicator comes on the dash.

When the car sees any other light it automatically dips the headlights or pushes the beam pattern to one side. 

Once back in a dark area the high beams come back on.

• Like 1

Ok cheers that helps - never realised you push the stalk first ? Will try this

On my Focus, just set lights to auto and the dip works when it "sees" any incoming lights. No need for any other settings.

Ok so in settings rh / lh traffic ? What for uk should this be ? 

Havn't got LED headlamps, but on auto lights, high beam function works automatically!!!!

On 30/10/2016 at 9:57 PM, Marcwain said:

Hi

Does any one have the LED upgrade? All the literature says it comes with tracer indicators, yet ours doesn't seem to. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

I'm wondering if the "tracer" indicator means the indicator "traces" the same line as the DRL. (Indicator lights replace the DRL - if that makes sense?)

I've noticed this feature on the latest Range Rovers

So what's lh / rh traffic ? What settings yours on ? Need to know what it's set too for uk ?

Not sure what this feature is?

I really should sit down and read the handbook. 

• 1 month later...

I got the UK standard fit Halogen headlamps, wish I'd spent a bit more on the HID/LED's though! The high beam is a bit of a mediocre effort and doesn't project as well as my old Kuga MK1.

Does anyone know if the HID/LED headlamp units can be swapped out (i.e. same harness?) and what needs configuring (i.e. GEM) to get them working? UK Part numbers of the headlamps?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of both standard fit and HID/LED option?

On 02/11/2016 at 6:38 PM, Wickyst said:

So what's lh / rh traffic ? What settings yours on ? Need to know what it's set too for uk ?

You only need to change this when driving on the right in a different country.

Just try both settings and make sure they are aiming more up and left.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club