Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St150 got faster

Patrico777

Hi

wanted to ask it got colder these days and my st150 feels a lot faster is it because of the cold air ??

Well cold air is more dense, and the denser the air the more "explosive" the fuel mixture (Nitrous) . . . Not sure weather it's turned cold enough to be able to tell a difference in performance? Could be. Someone else might know. 

I doubt it has made any difference besides allowing your engine to run a little cooler, the performance increase is probably psychological.

2 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Hi

wanted to ask it got colder these days and my st150 feels a lot faster is it because of the cold air ??

are you being serious ?

it was 18 deg C in kent today lol.

• Like 1

It may feel different owing to a change in the fuel mix. I suspect that the mix of hydrocarbons in petrol is different in summer and winter owing to their different volatilities. Short hydrocarbons are cheaper to produce but evaporate at a lower temperature so you don't want too high a mix of them in warm conditions. Short hydrocarbons have a lower calorific value too so mpg would probably go down too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dan P said:

It may feel different owing to a change in the fuel mix. I suspect that the mix of hydrocarbons in petrol is different in summer and winter owing to their different volatilities. Short hydrocarbons are cheaper to produce but evaporate at a lower temperature so you don't want too high a mix of them in warm conditions. Short hydrocarbons have a lower calorific value too so mpg would probably go down too.

And today I learnt Dan is a petrol chemist, if it exists. The actual name escapes me, I hate colds and being sleepy :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pullock said:

And today I learnt Dan is a petrol chemist, if it exists. The actual name escapes me, I hate colds and being sleepy :(

Petrolologist.

(Joking for the more serious of us :-P)

41 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

Petrolologist.

(Joking for the more serious of us :-P)

After a quick google its petroleum chemist, that's such a boring title.

I started to use v power nitro instead of normal Shell petrol could it be that ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club