Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Batmods - Tomson's Project

Tomson

I would get a price from Ford for them. Sometimes parts are cheaper than you would think, only sometimes though!:laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I would get a price from Ford for them. Sometimes parts are cheaper than you would think, only sometimes though!:laugh:

I'll be sure to look into that sometime this week - I've been looking at where the intake starts within the bumper and it's actually blocked off, so in effect it's drawing warm air. - COBB have done a mod to their Fiesta ST and Focus ST where they cut the rubber lining in the bumper so the filter draws cool air keeping temps down and prevent the fans kicking in after a drive.

http://blog.modbargains.com/best-free-budget-fiesta-st-mods-for-maximum-power-on-the-cheap/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

It's been a few months since I updated the thread - nothing with the car has changed except I treated him to a decent bath recently - full front to back clay bar job, the amount that came off the car was incredible. The flek in the paint has returned and the reflection is spot on now! Very pleased!

• Snowfoamed with AutoBrite Magifoam (yellow)
  • Washed with Gyeon Q2m Bathe+
  • Hamber Bilt clay (Blue Box) - using Gyeon as the lubricant (found this really worked it into the paint, beading was unreal!)
  • Autofinesse Satin Tyre Gel
  • Like 1

looks like its scrubed up well fella

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update:

Valeted the car, really scrubbed it using Auto Finesse products and Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo, but then sadly this work was undone after a weeks worth of horrific summer weather and long distance driving. BUT, my Team Heko Wind Deflectors arrived this morning; bit of fettling needed, but now they sit just right and allow the windows to close perfect!

The next set of mods coming are a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's - PumaSpeed will be doing the work as they are by far the best price fitted for the job! So watch this space!

• Like 2

looking nice and clean in the pics fella and like the defflectors

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

First of all, the car looks great. 

I noticed you have swapped the door grab handles out. Please could you let me know, where you bought them and how you removed them?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

• Like 1

Looks really good! I'm looking at a hatch in this colour and scrubs up well!

Are those the correct wheels? I thought they were the facelift Zetec S wheels? Either way they really suit it! 

• Like 1

On 25/08/2017 at 0:47 PM, fordfan112 said:

Hi There,

First of all, the car looks great. 

I noticed you have swapped the door grab handles out. Please could you let me know, where you bought them and how you removed them?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Thank you very much :)

In regard to the handles, I haven't swapped them buddy - what you see is how it came from the factory :)

On 27/08/2017 at 2:54 PM, Blue Mike said:

Looks really good! I'm looking at a hatch in this colour and scrubs up well!

Are those the correct wheels? I thought they were the facelift Zetec S wheels? Either way they really suit it! 

Thank you! Appreciate the kind comments!

Everything on this car is factory fitted buddy, the wheels were an option on the Zetec S prefacelift and you didn't see many with them - plenty prefacelifts on auto trader with them, though. But they seem to be a standard item on the facelift model which doesn't make them so unique anymore, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

These little beauties arrived today. Eibach Pro-Kit. Boys over at PumaSpeed sorted me out as springs for the wagon needed to be sourced from Germany! Big thanks to them! Just need to get them fitted as soon as! Can't wait! - Would have gladly had them fitted by PumaSpeed, but unfortunately, all my leave is taken up so cant get to them during the week!

approx. 25mm drop both front and rear.

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

do it at home, just take your time and be care full of the loaded spring. can get spring clamps to be 100% 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 7:15 PM, Dan P said:

Bring on the drop! Looking forward to seeing them on.

Update:

Springs fitted! Such a difference in ride quality! Not crashy like the factory set and absorbs the bumps and potholes (try to avoid where possible!) really well. The drop height is perfect so don’t have to worry about curbs and speed humps but at the same time low enough to look lowered! Definitely recommend if you’re thinking of getting some!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi mate
Where did you buy eibachs from ?
Any links etc ?
Although mine is a mk2.5 so different ones .
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 2:50 PM, yunii said:

Hi mate
Where did you buy eibachs from ?
Any links etc ?
Although mine is a mk2.5 so different ones .
Yunii

I think he got them from puma speed :smile:

• Like 1

Car looks really good. Nice to see an estate getting some love.

Have you thought about getting rid of the chrome strip?

• Like 1

I've ordered mine from Larkspeed in Leeds .
I asked tezza to order but on back order so could be a week so cancelled them.
Yunii

On 09/03/2018 at 9:40 AM, Elpanda82 said:

Car looks really good. Nice to see an estate getting some love.

Have you thought about getting rid of the chrome strip?

Thanks pal!

the chrome will eventually be removed but for now all mods are on hold with baby on way!

Treated her to a bath! The springs have bedded in too, so she sits perfectly!

update: I’m expecting my first little one so decided to put some money toward a set of cross bars ready for a top box which I plan to buy in a couple months.

• Like 1

Treated her to a bath! The springs have bedded in too, so she sits perfectly!
update: I’m expecting my first little one so decided to put some money toward a set of cross bars ready for a top box which I plan to buy in a couple months.
Currently debating whether to have the top box colour coded to the car or leave black... what do others think?
1AA77B9B-BC88-46C9-A475-143783779442.thumb.jpeg.1f7f635ab2b23b81751cb9bdfc265a79.jpeg
593347BE-0E8F-4FA5-9B5D-BE0233A32F2A.thumb.jpeg.dc177bf46b53f9e567208d5017d00543.jpeg
Would look sweet colour coded, especially if it's going to be used regularly. If it's only going to be for occasional use though, it may not be worth it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As said if you are going to keep the box on the car then a colour coded one will look sweet if not leave as it is

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update:

Halfords are having a 20% off sale on dash cams so applied my 15% discount with my FOC on top and bought myself a NEXTBASE 212 and Hard Wire Kit for £59. If anyone is interested, I used fuse location F85 (7.5A) to piggy back from.

• Like 3