Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Batmods - Tomson's Project

Tomson

This will be the start of my first (ever) modification thread. Expect lots of pictures along the way and if you see something you like and want some advice, ask away!

The thread will be about my 2012 Focus Zetec S Turbo – 1.6 Ecoboost 182ps

List of current mods - pictures throughout the thread

·         OSRAM Nightbreaker bulb upgrade – (Majority of bulbs being replaced from front to back)

·         Personalised Number Plate

·         ST250 Half Leather Recaros

·         Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

·         Team Heko Wind Deflectors

·         Focus MK3 RS Airbox

·         Dash Cam with Hard Wire Kit

·         PERON Symposer Delete Plug

·         Ford Electric Focus Rear Motor Mount

·        Mountune Gearknob

• Like 1

Update:

My lovely other half had some plates made for me as an early present and they arrived this morning - Plates4Less provided these.

Looks like they will definitely be on this Saturday :D

Looks really good!! :biggrin: 

Only thing letting it down for me is no electronic climate, all that spec but manual AC seems odd! :unsure:  Same in my 08 Titanium, loads of extras but no ECC. :sad: 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2016 at 11:33 AM, TomsFocus said:

Looks really good!! :biggrin: 

Only thing letting it down for me is no electronic climate, all that spec but manual AC seems odd! :unsure:  Same in my 08 Titanium, loads of extras but no ECC. :sad: 

Thanks Tom! :D

Tell me about it! Shame it cant be retro fitted easily.

• Like 1

Update:

bulbs arrived this morning. 

Night Breakers give a very clear and crisp light which certainly brightens up the area better than the stock halogen candles. The highbeam does does look slightly orange in the picture, but projects a nice white light on the roads.

Pictures aren't the best as it was 6oC outside and I didn't want to spend a second longer out there than I needed to! - also managed to change my plates over as well.

In all, 8 bulbs in the headlights, 4 in the wing mirrors, both roof lights and the 2 in the boot now changed over.

Photo 05-11-2016, 10 58 52.jpg

Photo 05-11-2016, 17 02 42 (1).jpg

Photo 05-11-2016, 14 21 57.jpg

Photo 05-11-2016, 17 28 09.jpg

Nice little drive today in the Mrs' Focus to walk the pooch and came across this lovely Cortina 1600. Very tidy car!

Photo 05-11-2016, 12 17 18.jpg

• Like 2

looking good and you cant fault the chrome bulbs look much better then the fried egg look

• Like 2

Update:

Rear indicator bulbs replaced with Osram Chrome bulbs - no more fried egg look!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

ST seats in today! Sprung for a blue set to match the dash lights. Very happy with them.

Door cards came with but one of them was damaged beforehand so I took the silver strip and plonked them on mine. A quick valet and hoover later and jobs a gooden'!

• Like 1

Love the seats mate, what else do you have plannned ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kylefozzz said:

Love the seats mate, what else do you have plannned ?

Mountune MP200 Package - Focus RS Mk3 Airbox - Cobra Cat Back System - Spare Tire Optional Extra

9 minutes ago, Tomson said:

Mountune MP200 Package - Focus RS Mk3 Airbox - Cobra Cat Back System - Spare Tire Optional Extra

Where have you seen the Cobra exhaust for sale? Just had a look on their website and its not listed for ours?

http://cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust/ford/focus.html

On 12/30/2016 at 5:17 PM, WES180 said:

Where have you seen the Cobra exhaust for sale? Just had a look on their website and its not listed for ours?

It's a bespoke system being built for mine as nowhere makes a system unless is the ST 😞

Cobra have said they will build and fit a 2.5inch / 2.75inch non-resonated cat back system for £510 all in

• Like 1

Suppose £510 is not bad for a custom exhaust. Are you going to get an intercooler too and then a remap? I missed out on a Mountune intercooler and air box on eBay last month, couldnt decide and then by the time i did they were sold! 

I know you said you prefer the original airfilter but the difference on my car with the K&N is like night and day! I put the standard filter (new) back in and it felt so restricted on acceleration so i put the K&N back in. Only swapped it as my wife was using my car and i didnt want it going into limp mode while she was using it.

20 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Suppose £510 is not bad for a custom exhaust. Are you going to get an intercooler too and then a remap? I missed out on a Mountune intercooler and air box on ebay last month, couldnt decide and then by the time i did they were sold! 

I know you said you prefer the original airfilter but the difference on my car with the K&N is like night and day! I put the standard filter (new) back in and it felt so restricted on acceleration so i put the K&N back in. Only swapped it as my wife was using my car and i didnt want it going into limp mode while she was using it.

I'll be getting the full package from Mountune which includes the map, cooler and filter but the K&N gives me concerns from stuff I've read about using them, freaks me out a bit. - But it is something I'll read a little more into as the Mountune filter is an actual K&N model...

14 hours ago, Tomson said:

I'll be getting the full package from Mountune which includes the map, cooler and filter but the K&N gives me concerns from stuff I've read about using them, freaks me out a bit. - But it is something I'll read a little more into as the Mountune filter is an actual K&N model...

The trouble with the Mountune package is that at around £950 you only get 200bhp. For around £350 you can have the same power with a Superchips Bluefin unit. I think an uprated intercooler is more a necessity if youre chasing 240+ bhp but not for a mere additional 20bhp over standard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WES180 said:

The trouble with the Mountune package is that at around £950 you only get 200bhp. For around £350 you can have the same power with a Superchips Bluefin unit. I think an uprated intercooler is more a necessity if youre chasing 240+ bhp but not for a mere additional 20bhp over standard.

Never thought about it like that, that's a very good point! You might have saved me a lot of money there bud!!

46 minutes ago, Tomson said:

Never thought about it like that, that's a very good point! You might have saved me a lot of money there bud!!

Ha. Mountune are very good but i cant help feeling that kit is more about making money than it all being needed for 20bhp. I think it might have been Stef123 or Iantt that said the only thing with the Bluefin is that there are a few versions of ecu software for our model so it depends on which software the Bluefin was designed for. I would have thought Superchips would be aware of that though. 

Pumaspeed do a diy remap too, theirs is called Max'd Out. Not sure if it can be reverted back to standard come service time like the Bluefin though. You wouldnt want a Ford Tech updating the software and losing your remap!

• Like 1

On 31/12/2016 at 10:39 AM, b4zz said:

loving the seats fella and look so much more comfy

Cheers bud! They are really comfy!

Well I was looking at changing my 1.6tdci estate for a petrol 1.0 hatch,but after seeing your stunning midnight sky estate (the same colour as mine) I'm now assembling a kit of bits to make mine look the same, even if it won't go as well. Are the ST seats you've put in electrically adjusted and heated, and if so, have you connected them up?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff Cooper said:

Well I was looking at changing my 1.6tdci estate for a petrol 1.0 hatch,but after seeing your stunning midnight sky estate (the same colour as mine) I'm now assembling a kit of bits to make mine look the same, even if it won't go as well. Are the ST seats you've put in electrically adjusted and heated, and if so, have you connected them up?

Thank you! it's been tough to get it to this condition after the previous owner but she does clean up well! - the ST seats are manually adjusted and don't have the heating feature - which is something I do miss having had it in my Volvo C30 SE Sport; comes in very handy with these -2oC morning temperatures!!

UPDATE:

My Focus MK3 RS Airbox turned up so got to work fitting that. The box has a taller lid and a deeper lower body with an extra intake hole (found on the ST250 as well) to allow for more efficient and effective induction - means the filter can draw more air in and equally around all sides - there is a noticeable induction noise and you can hear the Turbo spooling too which is always good!

The box does leave an indent in the bonnet insulation which will explain the recent thread on here regarding the RS having the same indent. It's not a prototype or special bonnet lining - it's all from the box.

Photo 06-01-2017, 17 04 18.jpg

Photo 07-01-2017, 12 14 04.jpg

Photo 07-01-2017, 12 14 16.jpg

Photo 07-01-2017, 12 14 32.jpg

• Like 1

Have you put the complete box in or just the lid for now until you get the additional feed hose and slam panel 1 into 2 adapter?

4 hours ago, WES180 said:

Have you put the complete box in or just the lid for now until you get the additional feed hose and slam panel 1 into 2 adapter?

Exactly that bud, just fitted the top half for now until I can locate the other parts - but find them is hard!