Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Bulbs blowing on MK7 Fiesta

Martyn

heya,

My passenger headlight has blown at 18K miles, 10 months old, has any one ese had similar problems? (side lights and main beam work fine).

1/ Is it under warrenty surely it should last more than 10 months!

2/

a, If not, what bulbs do i need? i want the blue tinted ones, i think Philips make them

b, How do you change them, i have no idea about cars which is why i buy new ones :lol:

Sorry if its been asked before, but i wanna know if this is another 'Common' Problem...

• Like 1

One of mine blew at around 17k miles and 10 months old, replaced it and the second one blew literally the day after :unsure: so be warned :P

they are very easy to replace, 2 screws one plasic clip and disconnect the power plug to the light. then remove entire light, remove access caps then just twist out bulbs. i have just ordered philips x-treme power for h1's (main beam), philips bluevision for h7's (dipped) and led's for sidelights. should give it the xenon look for sure. will upload pics once all done.

One of mine blew at around 17k miles and 10 months old, replaced it and the second one blew literally the day after :unsure: so be warned :P

how many you used so far and does it come under warrenty, how much should i expect to pay for blue tint ones? do they come singly or pair?

thanks

how many you used so far and does it come under warrenty, how much should i expect to pay for blue tint ones? do they come singly or pair?

thanks

both h1 and h7 come as a pair, get h1's from autobulbs.com £22.50 and you get free bluevision sidelight bulbs. h7's i got from autobulbs.com (eBay shop) - as they were cheaper than their own website £17ish with free bluevision sidelight bulbs.

both h1 and h7 come as a pair, get h1's from autobulbs.com £22.50 and you get free bluevision sidelight bulbs. h7's i got from autobulbs.com (ebay shop) - as they were cheaper than their own website £17ish with free bluevision sidelight bulbs.

please can you send links... sorry if i am a pain, i dont have a clue and will give them to someone else to put in :P

I'm up to about 17k and at least half of that was done at night. Probably gonna have to fork out for some new bulbs within the week then :blink: Goodbye beer money...

please can you send links... sorry if i am a pain, i dont have a clue and will give them to someone else to put in :P

sorry but bump... i need to order these ASAP.

Both of mine have gone within the year, just replaced mine with cheapo standard bulbs (about a quid each from the car spares place my bro works at) as I figured if they are gonna keep blowing, i'm not going to pay £20 a pop

It seems quite ridiculous that bulbs blow after such a short period.

I know that Ford guarantee their Xenon headlamps for 3 years so surely they would guarantee normal halogen bulbs for at least a year?!

Nah, cheap !Removed! bulbs at end of day.

Be warned, the blue tinted bulbs reduce the distance you can see.

Go for Bosch or Phillips 30/50% brighter bulbs, nice white light, very good vision.

Just search online, or go to Halfords, local motor factors.

Or just geta cheapy one to get you through, you can get £30 quid fine for having blown bulb.

Piggy :)

hi mate got philips bluevision h7's for dipped beam - and philips x-treme power for the h1's main beam got them from powerbulbs.com free delivery and free 501 bluevison sidelight bulbs. check the powerbulbs eBay store as they sell the h7's cheaper here. the h1's are on order but should be here in a few days. cost was around £38 for the lot delivered.

forgot to say if you buy the h7's from - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:EOIBSA:GB:1123

and then the h1's from - http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=160 you'll get a free set of philips bluevision sidelights with each order.

Its a case of the more you use them the shorter they last. Quick changes in temperature can cause a dodgy bulb to fail. 10 months isnt that bad for a bulb. Ford dont fit brilliant quality bulbs anyway. I doubt they'd cover ordinary bulbs but can understand them covering Xenon headlights as they cost a fortune. I think a set of std headlight bulbs costs about £10 from Ford. Replacement Xenons could easily cost 5 times that. When you replace the bulb, uprate them. I highly recommend Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. 80% brighter than std, light the road up nicely.

When they first came out, the HID bulbs were stupid money, 100 quid a piece easy, depending on manufacturer.

Have to admit, Ford have come up with some great things and do try, but you do wonder who said "mmm, lets put the cheapest nastiest bulbs in this realy nice car we have just made"

Shame.

Piggy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Both of my bulbs have blown in the last two weeks, Ive done 11k miles. Seems like a common fault and could obviously be quite dangerous.

Definetely going to pay extra for the Phillips bulbs as they will last longer.

Both of my bulbs have blown in the last two weeks, Ive done 11k miles. Seems like a common fault and could obviously be quite dangerous.

Definitely going to pay extra for the Phillips bulbs as they will last longer.

hate to say it chaps but when i changed my bulbs to philips bluevision's and extreme power's the bulbs i remove were in fact made buy philips! they looked exactly the same as the new ones only they didn't have the blue tint to the glass. the new ones are certainly whiter but who knows if they will last any longer!

hate to say it chaps but when i changed my bulbs to philips bluevision's and extreme power's the bulbs i remove were in fact made buy philips! they looked exactly the same as the new ones only they didn't have the blue tint to the glass. the new ones are certainly whiter but who knows if they will last any longer!

Ah, that could be a problem. My blown bulbs are also Philips. Are the Philips bluevisions worth the money?

i would say so yes. i have them in both my cars now. i have been using them in my zafira for around 14months and no signs of blowing. defo look whiter and brighter so no more yellow glow its a crisper cleaner look. get them from powerbulbs eBay store and you will recieve free philips bluevision side light bulbs.

i would say so yes. i have them in both my cars now. i have been using them in my zafira for around 14months and no signs of blowing. defo look whiter and brighter so no more yellow glow its a crisper cleaner look. get them from powerbulbs ebay store and you will recieve free philips bluevision side light bulbs.

Thanks for the reply, ive just ordered them. Hopefully they arrive on tuesday as i dont like driving about with one headlight.

Thanks for the reply, ive just ordered them. Hopefully they arrive on tuesday as i dont like driving about with one headlight.

nope the police dont either lol. at least there easy to fit anyway, its a 5min job max.

My 58 fiesta's headlight went, then the other a week after at 14k 11Months.

ive just ordered LOTS of bulbs for my 59 fiesta, new h7 bluevision headlights with bluevision sidelights

white LED Bulbs for number plate and main interior light

blue led blubs for the footwells and boot

I'll let you know how they are once receieved :D

My 58 fiesta's headlight went, then the other a week after at 14k 11Months.

ive just ordered LOTS of bulbs for my 59 fiesta, new h7 bluevision headlights with bluevision sidelights

white led bulbs for number plate and main interior light

blue led blubs for the footwells and boot

I'll let you know how they are once receieved :D

Just changed my main and dipped beams most awkward bulb change ever!

Seriously i'll get some pics up, who ever decided it was practical to remove the whole unit to change a bulb needs shooting!