43 replies to this topic

#16 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

Its a case of the more you use them the shorter they last. Quick changes in temperature can cause a dodgy bulb to fail. 10 months isnt that bad for a bulb. Ford dont fit brilliant quality bulbs anyway. I doubt they'd cover ordinary bulbs but can understand them covering Xenon headlights as they cost a fortune. I think a set of std headlight bulbs costs about 10 from Ford. Replacement Xenons could easily cost 5 times that. When you replace the bulb, uprate them. I highly recommend Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. 80% brighter than std, light the road up nicely.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

When they first came out, the HID bulbs were stupid money, 100 quid a piece easy, depending on manufacturer.

Have to admit, Ford have come up with some great things and do try, but you do wonder who said "mmm, lets put the cheapest nastiest bulbs in this realy nice car we have just made"

Shame.

Piggy :)

#18 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

Both of my bulbs have blown in the last two weeks, Ive done 11k miles. Seems like a common fault and could obviously be quite dangerous.

Definetely going to pay extra for the Phillips bulbs as they will last longer.

#19 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

Both of my bulbs have blown in the last two weeks, Ive done 11k miles. Seems like a common fault and could obviously be quite dangerous.

Definitely going to pay extra for the Phillips bulbs as they will last longer.

hate to say it chaps but when i changed my bulbs to philips bluevision's and extreme power's the bulbs i remove were in fact made buy philips! they looked exactly the same as the new ones only they didn't have the blue tint to the glass. the new ones are certainly whiter but who knows if they will last any longer!

#20 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

hate to say it chaps but when i changed my bulbs to philips bluevision's and extreme power's the bulbs i remove were in fact made buy philips! they looked exactly the same as the new ones only they didn't have the blue tint to the glass. the new ones are certainly whiter but who knows if they will last any longer!

Ah, that could be a problem. My blown bulbs are also Philips. Are the Philips bluevisions worth the money?

#21 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

i would say so yes. i have them in both my cars now. i have been using them in my zafira for around 14months and no signs of blowing. defo look whiter and brighter so no more yellow glow its a crisper cleaner look. get them from powerbulbs ebay store and you will recieve free philips bluevision side light bulbs.

#22 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

i would say so yes. i have them in both my cars now. i have been using them in my zafira for around 14months and no signs of blowing. defo look whiter and brighter so no more yellow glow its a crisper cleaner look. get them from powerbulbs ebay store and you will recieve free philips bluevision side light bulbs.

Thanks for the reply, ive just ordered them. Hopefully they arrive on tuesday as i dont like driving about with one headlight.

#23 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the reply, ive just ordered them. Hopefully they arrive on tuesday as i dont like driving about with one headlight.

nope the police dont either lol. at least there easy to fit anyway, its a 5min job max.

#24 Luigi 200

Luigi 200

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

My 58 fiesta's headlight went, then the other a week after at 14k 11Months.

ive just ordered LOTS of bulbs for my 59 fiesta, new h7 bluevision headlights with bluevision sidelights

white led bulbs for number plate and main interior light

blue led blubs for the footwells and boot

I'll let you know how they are once receieved :D

#25 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

My 58 fiesta's headlight went, then the other a week after at 14k 11Months.

ive just ordered LOTS of bulbs for my 59 fiesta, new h7 bluevision headlights with bluevision sidelights

white led bulbs for number plate and main interior light

blue led blubs for the footwells and boot

I'll let you know how they are once receieved :D

Just changed my main and dipped beams most awkward bulb change ever!
Seriously i'll get some pics up, who ever decided it was practical to remove the whole unit to change a bulb needs shooting!

#26 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Just so you all know...

My bulbs still haven't blown. (now at 19k & 7 months)

Shortly I will begin the process of procuring a spare bulb supply.

Will be getting the (allegedly) 80% brighter Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. (NON-Xenon)

I'm talking about these bulbs btw

#27 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

I just fitted Osram Nightbreakers H1 and H7 if i remember correctly, got them off ebay brand new about 11 each so not bad like, I'll get a picture next time its dark when i checked to see if they were working once fitted they did seem brighter not sure about the alleged 90% brighter :huh:

#28 Luigi 200

Luigi 200

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Just changed my main and dipped beams most awkward bulb change ever!
Seriously i'll get some pics up, who ever decided it was practical to remove the whole unit to change a bulb needs shooting!

I've heard it just 2 screws and a clip? ive heard its a nice simple job? reading another topic on headlight changes?

#29 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

I've heard it just 2 screws and a clip? ive heard its a nice simple job? reading another topic on headlight changes?

Its two screws and a retaining clip but the fact you have to remove the whole unit to change a bulb is so stupid! and also you have to assert pressure when you secure the unit back into the main clip at its base just dosent feel nice :blink:

#30 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Its two screws and a retaining clip but the fact you have to remove the whole unit to change a bulb is so stupid! and also you have to assert pressure when you secure the unit back into the main clip at its base just dosent feel nice :blink:

it gets easier the more you remove them, i had mine in out 6 times trying different bulbs by the end of it they were jumping back in themselves! :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users