Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone enable my cruise control

silversonic

is anyone local to yorkshire can enable my cruise control and auto light wipers.

2010 focus tdci zetec s 

obviously dont expect it for free.

thanks

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you? It's quite a big place.

Are you willing to travel to somewhere within a certain distance?

Are you wanting someone who is prepared to travel to you?

With a little more information then you may find someone local enough or have to look further afield for this to be done. Otherwise you would need a dealer which will cost to enable them.

Otherwise if your PC savvy and have a laptop you can look at getting an ELM327 modified interface and use elmconfig (free) to enable them yourself. Adaptor costs around 15 quid and with Forscan (free) as well as Elmconfig you can change options on your car and do basic diagnostics and other possibly useful functions.

Also you don't state what engine your car has, is it petrol or diesel?

On 11/4/2016 at 10:21 AM, silversonic said:

is anyone local to yorkshire can enable my cruise control and auto light wipers.

2010 focus tdci zetec s 

obviously dont expect it for free.

thanks

I assume you've already installed the cruise-control steering wheel (found on Titanium models), with the cruise-control buttons?

24 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I assume you've already installed the cruise-control steering wheel (found on Titanium models), with the cruise-control buttons?

Only found on cars which had it specced from factory in any trim, it wasn't standard even on Titanium sadly. :sad:  He'll also need the auto light & wiper screen fitted for those functions.

I'd have done it if you were local, done quite a few now, but you're not lol.  Tbh for £15 just buy an ELM cable and do it yourself if you've got a laptop, I know not everyone does though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Only found on cars which had it specced from factory in any trim, it wasn't standard even on Titanium sadly. :sad:  He'll also need the auto light & wiper screen fitted for those functions.

I'd have done it if you were local, done quite a few now, but you're not lol.  Tbh for £15 just buy an ELM cable and do it yourself if you've got a laptop, I know not everyone does though.

I'd be willing to drive all the way to Suffolk just to get it done by you mate!

The only reason I'd never get such a mod done is because of my !Removed! insurance company who refused to insure me if I got my windows tinted!

• Like 1

sorry guys not been on  and didnt get a notification of reply,

im near leeds , and yeah have fitted steering wheel, it talks to gems and bleeps when buttons pressed on steering wheel in test mode. and get cruise control light on in in bulb test mode. have fitted auto lights switch , and have wiring present  got dimming mirror and rain sensor. plugged them all in but nothing .

can you get auto lights and wipers working without fitting dimming mirror?

nervous about computer so thought better someone experienced with this

For the auto lights and wipers you need the correct screen installing for the rain sensor and light sensor, the screen is different to a standard screen.

is the screen not just a piece of glass .?sensor  should see through any screen?

i know the mirror mount is different (thats sorted)

and there is a black section to cover mirror surround and sensor ( will sort).

cheers for any info.

• 1 month later...

anyone ? who is closest to yorkshire ? had wheel on 2 months and itching to get it enabled. come on guys!

or point me to a cable to do myself. james simpson out of stock which one on eBay  definately works as some say 550k but arent apparently.

4 minutes ago, silversonic said:

anyone ? who is closest to yorkshire ? had wheel on 2 months and itching to get it enabled. come on guys!

or point me to a cable to do myself. james simpson out of stock which one on ebay  definately works as some say 550k but arent apparently.

Tunnelrats have the modified ELM that works

http://www.spanglefish.com/tunnelratelectronics/

ordered one  thanks , but if anyone able to do it before it arrives , i am still interested.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update ,

so cable come and seems to work okay1

enabled my auto lights and auto wipers and they work fine even with my  no sensor windscreen.

enabled auto locking.

still struggling with the cruise control ,  done gems okay and hec okay but struggling with  pcm.

gonna have another go today!

no joy again today, 1 thing i know thats not right tho ,

my cable only  has  the vcp option enabled on drivers the ftdi d2xx gives no port  will it work on vcp?

sorted ! cruise control and auto wipers and auto lights enabled!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club