Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cam

si_paramedic

Thinking of getting a Dash Cam. Anyone have any recommendations? 

I have had Road Hawk camera for a few years, probably a bit more expensive than some other dash cams but very reliable, I even got one for my granddaughters Fiesta.

Very simple to install with no visable wiring to the fuse box behind the glove compartment.

Play back is very good with an adaptor for IPad or just insert card into PC.

I've got two mini 0805s (front and back). Would be nice to have a wider angle but are quite good. 

I have 2 B40 A118C (front and rear) they are quite discrete, record in 1080p and only around £50. I haven't had any issues with them, they may be generic and unbranded but they do the job.

I use this one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251582354898?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I added the optional GPS antenna so when I access the video from my PC I can get full telematics and map mirroring from the data,

Viewing program i use-

https://dashcamviewer.com/

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciated

I have had an 0805. Was the biggest load of crap! There appear to be as many unhappy customers as there are happy ones. And as they're mostly sold by foreign companies directly to UK consumers, getting them repaired under warranty is uneconomical  I will say though - that for the time mine worked, it was good.

Now I have a Transcend DrivePro 200. It has been 99% reliable so far, although it's on the large side and positioning it somewhere discreetly in the Fiesta is tricky when you have the larger black box behind the rear view mirror.  The one housing the rain sensor and the camera for emergency stop thing, the name for which escapes me at the moment.

1 hour ago, GaryPL said:

I have had an 0805. Was the biggest load of crap! There appear to be as many unhappy customers as there are happy ones. And as they're mostly sold by foreign companies directly to UK consumers, getting them repaired under warranty is uneconomical  I will say though - that for the time mine worked, it was good.

Now I have a Transcend DrivePro 200. It has been 99% reliable so far, although it's on the large side and positioning it somewhere discreetly in the Fiesta is tricky when you have the larger black box behind the rear view mirror.  The one housing the rain sensor and the camera for emergency stop thing, the name for which escapes me at the moment.

I've found the 0805 has some problems with sd cards.  Doing a full reformat normally fixes the issue, though I've had to replace cards once so far.  Haven't had the camera break yet. 

2 minutes ago, jbell said:

I've found the 0805 has some problems with sd cards.  Doing a full reformat normally fixes the issue, though I've had to replace cards once so far.  Haven't had the camera break yet. 

Yep, mine had SD card problems. Then when I got it sorted, it would only record to one card, not the 2 in tandem. The UV filter is rubbish and falls off when you go over a bump. Mine kept freezing after a while, then it made a screeching noise and died completely! Only lasted a few months.

I had a Road Angel Halo, front and read cameras, worked ok. with road mapping and gps. Now got a Thinkware 750. Better than the Halo. Front and rear cameras,1080p full HD, 30fps., road safety warning system (lane wandering and potential risks of frontal collision) road safety camera warning system (speed cameras, red light cameras and mobile camera areas.).  Motion detection and impact recording. Can be viewed on a smart phone with the built in bluetooth. Came with a 32gb micro sim card which can be viewed on a Pc or smart phone.

The f[rm who supply and fit them Fleet Track Solutions near Chelmsford have them on their vehicles and have them wired to record permantly, so no missing incidents. I've followed their advice. Not cheap, but you only get what you pay for, £230 fitted. What price a disputed accident.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I use this one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251582354898?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I added the optional GPS antenna so when I access the video from my PC I can get full telematics and map mirroring from the data,

Viewing program i use-

https://dashcamviewer.com/

These are spot on,i have the newer one which is so hard to get but for the price and fits amazing under mirror and picture.

Mine aint got the option of the GPS antenna which is strange and don't get a signal being on the plastic under mirror but all good,my tracker does the GPS.

The gps option on the Novatek was extra on mine and when I got everything set up the screen is not really big enough to make the on screen speed reading useful unless you use the viewing software I linked earlier.

The data from the gps allows speed, direction and realtime map location to show so you can see much more info than just video.

Sent from my SM-G930F

On 11/5/2016 at 2:16 PM, GaryPL said:

Yep, mine had SD card problems. Then when I got it sorted, it would only record to one card, not the 2 in tandem. The UV filter is rubbish and falls off when you go over a bump. Mine kept freezing after a while, then it made a screeching noise and died completely! Only lasted a few months.

Using one of these 0805's for 3yrs now with no problems

42 minutes ago, Mordey said:

Using one of these 0805's for 3yrs now with no problems

You're one of the lucky ones then! Especially as the early cameras had problems with overheating... And even the newer ones haven't had all the proposed features rolled out because they can get it to work without burning out its innards.

A118C hardwired to front parking sensor fuse and stuck to the rain sensor cover. You wouldn't notice it from the outside unless you were looking for it.

20160928_185008.jpg

A118C hardwired to front parking sensor fuse and stuck to the rain sensor cover. You wouldn't notice it from the outside unless you were looking for it.

20160928_185008.jpg

I was wondering where to mount mine when we get our focus next month, think I've found the answer, thank you I hadn't considered putting it there.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Pullock said:

I was wondering where to mount mine when we get our focus next month, think I've found the answer, thank you I hadn't considered putting it there.

Someone had suggested it to me. Would be neater with an angled cable and tucked fully under the cover, but I haven't figured out how to remove it so just ran it straight up. You can't see the cable from the driver's seat at all so it isn't a huge problem.

But you're welcome!

Someone had suggested it to me. Would be neater with an angled cable and tucked fully under the cover, but I haven't figured out how to remove it so just ran it straight up. You can't see the cable from the driver's seat at all so it isn't a huge problem.

But you're welcome!

Well I guess we can't have everything in life, some things we have to compromise on. Its only a bit of extra wire, I'm sure I can live with that :)

On 12/11/2016 at 7:43 PM, harrygoozee said:

20160928_185008.jpg

This is the same spot i have mine but mine is the newer one but found out it was discontinued so ones like your are the only ones now.( cdv300x) is mine.

I like how they aint on the glass so no round sucker what you can see from outside.

Be sure to get a cam asap. I got reversed into last night. Contact insurance today and it's already been settled, thanks to dashcam footage! 

I'm using a Nextbase 312GW. If you purchase it from idiotukdriversexposed.com you can get 25% off.

• Like 1

***** hell @lukespoor where abouts did that happen, still got to buy one had so many close calls with all the rally drivers around telford

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

***** hell @lukespoor where abouts did that happen, still got to buy one had so many close calls with all the rally drivers around telford

I was waiting in a drive thru queue for some food and the driver decided to just reverse into me..

5mhg5l.jpg

wow that must be gutting, hopefully you get it all fixed soon 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club