Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cam

si_paramedic

Hi,

Just to let you know that a number of our insurance scheme do give discounts for the fitment of an in-car camera.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi we had a Nextbase Dash Cam 212 fitted which it had to be removed the next day as our Ford built in Sat Nav stopped working when the camera was turned on it blocked the GPS signal on the Sat Nav we got a message no GPS signal on the Sat Nav screen. We have now fitted a Road Angel Halo Dash Cam which as a rear camera as well which we have had fitted 2 months and had no problems even with the Sat Nav.

• 2 months later...

Been pondering for months about getting one and having witnessed a lot of reckless driving recently, I've decided I really ought to get one.

Will check out the ones already mentioned in the thread - are they pretty simple to fit?

Also been reading a few reviews of some of the Nextbase cams and they seem pretty mixed.

8 minutes ago, shabbagaz said:

Been pondering for months about getting one and having witnessed a lot of reckless driving recently, I've decided I really ought to get one.

Will check out the ones already mentioned in the thread - are they pretty simple to fit?

Also been reading a few reviews of some of the Nextbase cams and they seem pretty mixed.

Very easy to fit.  Plug into the lighter, position the camera, run the lead round the rubber trim. Job done.  You can obviously play with the settings too if you like.  Hard wiring is trickier, but not hard.

I recommend Transcend products.  Very good reputation.  The older DrivePro 200 is a superior product to their newer cameras because you can leave it in the car in all weathers.  It just lacks GPS which to my mind is a gimmick anyway - particularly if most of your driving is in town.

Thinkware F750 for me. Front and rear camera. Hardwired mine over a year ago on myself and hardwired my brothers in last week. My dad is really busy at work lately though not had an hour to do his yet.

Got my dad and my brother the Thinkware f770 for Christmas!

both great cameras. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Yes. 

I also have the Thinkware F750 hardwired for over a year with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club