Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 leaking boot

kathb

:angry::angry: Hi purchased my Fiesta Titanium 1.2 in March this year delighted with it until I discovered water in the boot during the week , been in garage for last three days but it is full of water this morning, anyone else experienced the same and what was the remedy.

:angry::angry: Hi purchased my Fiesta Titanium 1.2 in March this year delighted with it until I discovered water in the boot during the week , been in garage for last three days but it is full of water this morning, anyone else experienced the same and what was the remedy.

You've been had! Titanium not available with a 1.2!

It is in Ireland :P

Oh yeah so it is!! How odd, would have thought that they would have exactly the same range as over here seeing as they are the only other country that needs LHD in europe...

Call Ford Customer Services and file a case with them. Tell them the problem, that you're not satisfied and that its ridiculous this is happening on such a new car. Tell them which dealer you want to repair it, and Ford will take it from there. Tell the dealer your case number (Ford customer services should give you a case number over the phone). This should help get the problem solved properly.

Call Ford Customer Services and file a case with them. Tell them the problem, that you're not satisfied and that its ridiculous this is happening on such a new car. Tell them which dealer you want to repair it, and Ford will take it from there. Tell the dealer your case number (Ford customer services should give you a case number over the phone). This should help get the problem solved properly.

Many thanks for your help I really appreciate it, I will call Ford first thing tomorrow morning.

I think i will do the same. I have been given the run-around with this problem since March. It was into the dealer for the third time recently and they still havent bothered to fix it even though I showed them exactly where the leak is. The leak is in a gap between two poorly joined metal panels in the rear wing below the rear light.

Some classic quotes from the service manager:

'the fault is no longer covered by warranty, your car is over a year old'

'we cant fix it here, go to a different dealer which has a bodyshop'

'its not our problem that there is a leak in the boot'

Im really fed up with the poor aftersales service which I have been given :ph34r:

kathb, il put some pics up tomorrow of where my leak is in case yours is in the same place.

I think i will do the same. I have been given the run-around with this problem since March. It was into the dealer for the third time recently and they still havent bothered to fix it even though I showed them exactly where the leak is. The leak is in a gap between two poorly joined metal panels in the rear wing below the rear light.

Some classic quotes from the service manager:

'the fault is no longer covered by warranty, your car is over a year old'

'we cant fix it here, go to a different dealer which has a bodyshop'

'its not our problem that there is a leak in the boot'

Im really fed up with the poor aftersales service which I have been given :ph34r:

kathb, il put some pics up tomorrow of where my leak is in case yours is in the same place.

That would be great, many thanks, so far the dealer has looked at the roof joints, they have done some sealing there and also replaced the boot seal but it has'nt worked. Going back into dealer tomorrow if I get any joy I will let you know. I was also told, once I make them aware of the problem it is covered by warranty until it is fixed !!

I was also told, once I make them aware of the problem it is covered by warranty until it is fixed !!

I was told last week by the manager that it would only be covered by warranty if I could prove to them that the current water ingress was the same leak as the one which I had alerted them to in March (dont ask me how I could do that)

All I know is that I have got a leak in a brand new car and I want it fixed :angry:

Absolutely shocking! I slated the dealership in the Ford questionairre though :P

It's pretty pointless dealing directly with dealers. They want to sell cars, not fix them. Doesn't matter how new or old it is, they don't give a damn. However, Ford customer services seem to be pretty helpful - certainly a lot more polite than the main dealer I bought my Ka from. An independent mechanic told me always to go straight to head office first, and then book in with a dealer/garage and tell them you have a case number from head office. :)

It's pretty pointless dealing directly with dealers. They want to sell cars, not fix them. Doesn't matter how new or old it is, they don't give a damn. However, Ford customer services seem to be pretty helpful - certainly a lot more polite than the main dealer I bought my Ka from. An independent mechanic told me always to go straight to head office first, and then book in with a dealer/garage and tell them you have a case number from head office. :)

Took your advice, contacted Ford customer service this morning and got a case number from them. Car is now back in with dealer/garage. We also put everything in writing to Ford and a copy to garage, car won't be back today but maybe tomorrow!! I live in hope!

So far I've been pretty lucky with Ford customer services, got them to do the following as gestures of goodwill outside of the base 1 year warranty:

- Remove entire dashboard and refit to fix rattle problems.

- Replace front driver's side shock absorber at 5,000 miles.

- Fix leak into driver's footwell at 6,000 miles - will require removal of seats, front carpet section, scuttle panel to solve problem. This is still pending, have a case with Ford about it and the guy on the phone mentioned doing it as a gesture of goodwill. It's going into the garage tomorrow morning.

kathb - Which address did you send your letter to? When I asked for an address over the phone, the guy said the place is just a call centre so sending a letter won't do much. <_<

I had this for a while windows where constantly misted and was wet inside all windows were soaking untill heater dryed it out aparently it was a seal problem on the back c piller near where they glued in back window.

After months of thinking it was just me and finding the soaking boot floor a few week ago which under carpet had pubble must have been like that since febuary but haadnt noticed till it got colder no way was that good for fuel consumsion.

as its a motability car i phoned took it down 2 days latter anover the weekend it was fixed so cant fault motability or ford.

can i ask one question when u got it back did the boot seem smaller as it looks like they added 2 box like arches under carpet at each side of boot.

So far I've been pretty lucky with Ford customer services, got them to do the following as gestures of goodwill outside of the base 1 year warranty:

- Remove entire dashboard and refit to fix rattle problems.

- Replace front driver's side shock absorber at 5,000 miles.

- Fix leak into driver's footwell at 6,000 miles - will require removal of seats, front carpet section, scuttle panel to solve problem. This is still pending, have a case with Ford about it and the guy on the phone mentioned doing it as a gesture of goodwill. It's going into the garage tomorrow morning.

kathb - Which address did you send your letter to? When I asked for an address over the phone, the guy said the place is just a call centre so sending a letter won't do much. <_<

Hi We sent letter to Customer Assistance, Henry Ford and Sons Ltd, Elm Court, Boreenmanna Road, Cork, Ireland. They have acknowledged receipt of the letter so address is correct,hope this helps.

I had this for a while windows where constantly misted and was wet inside all windows were soaking untill heater dryed it out aparently it was a seal problem on the back c piller near where they glued in back window.

After months of thinking it was just me and finding the soaking boot floor a few week ago which under carpet had pubble must have been like that since febuary but haadnt noticed till it got colder no way was that good for fuel consumsion.

as its a motability car i phoned took it down 2 days latter anover the weekend it was fixed so cant fault motability or ford.

can i ask one question when u got it back did the boot seem smaller as it looks like they added 2 box like arches under carpet at each side of boot.

i noticed my boot carpet was soaking to one side the other day, i took it out to dry it so will check later to see if its wet again. is this a known common problem? where is the water getting in and whats the fix?

The boot has two small arches either side of them anyway they did'nt make any changes to these. Boot looks exactly the same and unfortunately still wet! Did they tell you where the leak was and how they repaired it?

i noticed my boot carpet was soacking to one side the other day, i took it out to dry it so will check later to see if its wet again. is this a known common problem? where is the water getting in and whats the fix?

Not sure how widespread the problem and so far no fix.

Are only cars before a certain build date affected by this problem or do new builds coming out of the factory now still suffer from it?

here are some pictures of where my leak is coming from. water is entering through the joint between the two metal panels shown.

gallery_6648_164_29402.jpg

do you think its easy enough just to seal yourself with some silicone or does it need to be dealer fix for warranty issues? is the water coming up from driving thru puddles or from rain running down?

do you think its easy enough just to seal yourself with some silicone or does it need to be dealer fix for warranty issues? is the water coming up from driving thru puddles or from rain running down?

Water is running down. Mine is being fixed under warranty.

here are some pictures of where my leak is coming from. water is entering through the joint between the two metal panels shown.

gallery_6648_164_29402.jpg

Thanks a million for photos. My car has puddles in exactly the same place. Still in garage hopefully back tomorrow.

• 1 month later...